PDA

View Full Version : Installing SSD in asus g74sx laptop windows 7

brown
06-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I am currently running Asus G74sx (64 bit Win7, 16gb RAM, 2.0Ghz i7). I have 2 Hard drives 750gb each.

I have just purchased the Samsung 840 250gb SSD to replace with the operating HDD while keeping the second hdd for storage and larger files.

I am not really sure what to do, but I would like to know if there's a way that I will be able to transfer all my programs to the SSD without needing to redownload them (eg. Skype, Itunes, Adobe CS6).

Also when I try to create a recovery disk, it says there is a speed write error. I have cleaned the lens, tried 2 different CD's. (DVD's, blu-rays, cds all read properly without an issue).

I am not sure where to go from here, maybe try using a usb flash for recovery?

Am I doing it right or missing anything? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Pitcher@asus
06-18-2013, 02:27 AM
i think you can use recover utility that is asus bundle to recover your HDD or 3th party like ghost, also you can search from here, many people share in here.

brown
06-18-2013, 07:25 AM
thanks for that.. I just contacted asus and the guy said i can use ai recovery (which he also sent me) and then backup to an external harddrive. This will let me boot from the external hard drive from bios.. is that possible?