PDA

View Full Version : What is this issue??!?!?! G75VX display issue [solved]

TheOrestes
06-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi,

Just couple of weeks of purchase of ASUS 675VX ... and BOOM!!!
Can anyone explain what is this issue? I tried taking screenshot but there is no issue in screenshot, so looks like LCD screen issue. Can you guys confirm?

I bought the laptop from Amazon US, now am in India! Let me know if taking it to the service center is the only way out!!
SOS! 21455214562145721458

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rupesh.

Zygomorphic
06-17-2013, 07:48 PM
There are only two reasons that I can think of:
1) bad LVDS cable - take to repair shop
2) bad video card - take to repair shop

The former is more likely, as a failing video card would cause artifacts and/or black screen. That, or it would crash Windows.

cl-Albert
06-17-2013, 08:00 PM
If you have an external monitor available, try to connect it to confirm the problem only occurs on the notebook screen which would confirm some kind of hardware problem with the notebook LCD.
If you have global warranty coverage, it's probably better to just have it fixed by your local ASUS service center under warranty.

Also try to move the position of the screen to see if the problem comes and goes at different positions to make sure it will not be difficult for your local service center to catch.

Anyway, expect it to be a hardware problem if you just want to start discussing with your local service center and confirming your global warranty.
Although I'm not sure if they all will handle global warranty service, check this site for ASUS service centers in India (http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter.aspx?SLanguage=en), or you may also want to check the contact page to discuss with the local ASUS support (http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en).
Good luck in getting that solved soon and let us know if you run into any problems!

TheOrestes
07-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks to great service by ASUS here in India, I have got my laptop back in good shape in just 8 days! I went for RMA & entire panel was replaced to take care of the issue :)

Really happy to see the prompt service & laptop back in action. ( Sorry for the delayed response )

Apexing
07-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Good to hear :)

Zygomorphic
07-08-2013, 02:23 AM
That is really good to hear, since we need more success reports sharing good experiences, rather than just the bad ones (so that the forums have a little less of a negative experience bias [which is true pretty much by definition on a support forum]).