PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad Driver issues

sollaan
06-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I've been having issues with my touchpad reactivating it self after i launch a game, or after a random period of time. (I always use a mouse)
As some people know the touchpad is ridiculously sensitive and the slightest bump can stop you from typing up a document and or starts making you forces you to stop doing you're doing.
is there a reason my trackpad reactivates itself? it's becoming such a problem i've considered unplugging the touchpad from the motherboard. is there a fix for the sentelic drivers? because this really is breaking issue for me....

cl-Albert
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forums!

If possible, please tell us your notebook model printed under the unit.

1. Make sure nothing in Windows is accidentally re-activating/toggling the touchpad which usually will include the Fn+F9 key combination or possibly an 'instant key' depending on your notebook model.

2. There are usually touchpad settings you can change which shouldn't make it as big of a deal when it misbehaves, but if you're still under warranty, we may want to check if anything can be done as far as repairs go.
If you are interested in checking with your local ASUS support, go to www.asus.com and choose your local region for support contacts, or try checking this page (http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en) too.

3. If you're interested, check if your bios has an option to disable the internal pointing device.
Thanks.

pnyknights
06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
The Sentelic touchpad has been known to have issues (something about static and tap touching the touchpad. There's a few threads about it. I just sent mine back to have it replaced with the Synaptic model.

EDIT: Sorry I'm referring to the G74SX model.