PDA

View Full Version : Battery life reduced?

cezarpetre
06-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Hello, I have recently noticed a decrease of my battery life on my G46VW.
It was lasting for like 6+ hr before, but lately it won't last more than 4-5 hr, doing the exact same stuff I was doing before, with the exact power management settings.
I've been told that having it plugged in won't reduce the battery life (need to have it plugged in when gaming), but something doesn't link with this sudden decrease of the battery life.
I also saw on forums, that the battery is not supposed to and won't charge more than 95-99%, but mine always charged up to 100% (the battery notification was "Fully charged 100%").
Any solutions?

Dreamonic
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
The battery will only charge after it drops below 95%, for some this could be in a couple weeks to several days, after which it will fully charge itself again; Smart Charging.

You can't really compare new battery life to a used one. Sure your settings may not have changed, but certain updates (drivers) or installed programs in your recent days could have added more to the startup processes or services and this could be why your battery life expectancy is getting shorter; The cells don't hold a full charge forever, they gradually weaken with use.

cezarpetre
06-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Every single time I charged it, it went up to 100%, never stopped between 95-99 as it was supposed to.
It was fully charged last time I used it and after 4 or 5 days, when I opened it, it was at 94%. I didn't install anything new in a couple of weeks.

ZeroBarrier
06-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Every single time I charged it, it went up to 100%, never stopped between 95-99 as it was supposed to.
It was fully charged last time I used it and after 4 or 5 days, when I opened it, it was at 94%. I didn't install anything new in a couple of weeks.

And again, this is all normal behavior for notebook batteries.

Pitcher@asus
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
please see the asus website at http://www.asus.com/support/Article/604/