PDA

View Full Version : Asus G46VR

kikich
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Asus G46VR - We need more information !!!!

http://www.techclinic.pt/loja/product.php?id_product=490

Start digging m8s :P

killerbicycle
06-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Glad I did not pull the trigger on one today. Thanks for finding this. As long Asus doesn't wait till October or give BestBuy exclusivity again, I'll wait.

Zygomorphic
06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Cool... :) Making me feel even more out of date with my laptop. Not yet time to upgrade, though.

Qmano
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
http://issuu.com/asus_pt/docs/asus_magazine_8, page 33 lists G75 and G46. There several portugese sites(i think its portugese) that list the G46VR with nvidia GF 760M, i wonder if its a typo replicated across all these sites or if they are just getting it first

Zygomorphic
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM
http://issuu.com/asus_pt/docs/asus_magazine_8, page 33 lists G75 and G46. There several portugese sites(i think its portugese) that list the G46VR with nvidia GF 760M, i wonder if its a typo replicated across all these sites or if they are just getting it first

That is possible, but doubtful. Actually, my guess is that they are leaking it first. Considering that ASUS is a Taiwanese company, Taiwan or the US would seem to be the likely launch markets.

Nivaku
06-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Does anyone roughly know when the G46VR will be released in the states?

Very odd that they are using the older Processors, which to me doesnt matter since the Ivy Bridge processors are already pretty good. But Ivy vs Haswell about how much of a performance improvement?

The GPU seems to be only the 750m, I hope we can customize it VIA 3rd party re-seller with an GTX 765m

DirkHardeck
06-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Haswell sees about a 5%-10% performance increase per clock. The major improvements are the on-die integrated gpu which is getting much better each gen (not that I care), and advanced voltage regulation since that is on the chip now.

I admit that it is strange to not include them in the next gen laptops since it's such a disappointment for our desktop upgrade path but is ideal for laptops....however, even then, they are most beneficial to Ultrabooks and the like. Most of us care about how a laptop performs with gaming on the discrete card while plugged in, and Haswell offers only the most incremental upgrade and in some rare cases, a slightly lower performance within the margin of error.

However, if it is true that only the 750m is offered, that would make it a previous gen G46 with worse performance due to the higher res screen...?

kikich
06-24-2013, 10:56 AM
@Asus can i ask you gor some official information, obviosly is all over the web so Asus please give us something ..... pleeeeasseee

kikich
08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
any news? why there is no any info out there

SymBiioTE
08-20-2013, 07:50 PM
lol right after i bought a g46vw

thenewguy1337
08-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Just an update for whoever is interested. I was at Best Buy today trying to get them to sell me the floor model. They refused though. They said they didn't have any in stock but they were suppose to be getting some more next week. They also dropped the awful news that they are still getting them through February! I don't know if I believe it but if it is true we might be in for a long wait for the G46VR

kikich
08-24-2013, 10:23 AM
from another forum

"Hello Forum, I am a very happy new owner of the G46

I got lucky last month at best buy and was able to pick up one of these for $530, since then I added a Samsung 840 pro SSD (too chicken to dissemble this thing completely for the msata). Thanks to JwPwn1 for Dissemble video.

Quick review for anyone who care: First thing i noticed was this thing runs incredibly cool, you have to throw a lot at it to even start to hear a low fan going. Very fast from the beginning. Booted up in less than 26 sec, installed SSD ~10 sec now =D I have been reading lots of discussion with the screen, I don't think its too bad and I can always plug it into a external monitor so no problem for me. There is also that little bit of the space bar at the lower right corner that requires a bit more pressure if not it doesn't register, but not that big of a issue either. I just move my hand up 2 mm up when I type. I played with display models at BB, it didn't have this keyboard problem so YMMV.

To those interested in the new release of the G46, I can confirm that the G46VW-BSI5N06 does not get replace until February 2014. Had a nice chat with a BB manager and she showed me on her computer that date. "

Totimoshi
08-24-2013, 08:53 PM
lol right after i bought a g46vw

We're in the same boat

Reb00t
09-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Any new info? I was about to get G46VW but im glad there are some news about G46VR:D

asus enthusiast
10-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi, I too would love some indication on when the new G46 will drop. I need a 46 bad, If its going to be a month or so i could hold out but otherwise I might have to get some inferior brand gaming 14