PDA

View Full Version : Asus g73Sw Boot issues

MikeeP
06-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Hello. I have an Asus g73Sw that is having some problems with initial boot. Sometimes my laptop will display and sometimes it won't. I have to restart it it around 50 times in order to get it to work and when it doesn't, it wont let me hook it up to an external display either. I can hear Windows start up every time but only display sometimetimes. Works fine when it actually displays but takes too long to try and get to display. I've tried reseating my Ram, booting into safe mode, and running from external and nothing. Thanks for the help guys.

Pitcher@asus
06-20-2013, 03:30 AM
so you mean sometime you boot up laptop, but display? could you try install new vga driver, if you say when you connect to external monitor same problem,i think you should send to service to check, myabe it is HW problem, not SW problem.

silentkiller01
06-20-2013, 05:20 AM
I think you're having the same issue as me. but mine doesnt load windows at all(no sound) but the lights work with no display...
sometimes i give my lid a shake and start it up.. sometimes it works
sometimes it won't

Zygomorphic
06-20-2013, 10:15 AM
I think you're having the same issue as me. but mine doesnt load windows at all(no sound) but the lights work with no display...
sometimes i give my lid a shake and start it up.. sometimes it works
sometimes it won't

That sounds like a bad monitor cable if you ask me. Granted, I'm not an electrician, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

MikeeP
06-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah works fine when it finally gets a display though. Can run games and everything with no shut down. But just getting the display to initially come up takes about 50 tries. I don't know what could be the problem, I got it to run fine this morning but when I had to restart for a windows update, the displayed stopped coming up again. I'll try a new vga driver if I ever get my laptop to display again but any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks for the replies guys!