PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

kor77
06-20-2013, 06:38 PM
All,

Don't know if the question has already been asked, but here goes:confused::

Which one should i buy the G75VX-T4135H-3rd i7-3630QM or the g750 with gtx 770m?
Will upgrade the G75VX with a SSD Samsung Pro ifi decide to buy.

Thx in advance for your opinions,

Greetz Kor

Sagi
06-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi there Kor77 and welcome to the ROG forum :)

First of all, this is just my opinion - Some might not agree.

But you should buy the G750JH if you can afford it - The 780M card is signifantly better then 770M and any other card out there.
If you buy this, you won't have to worry about settings in any game for at least 2-3 years.

It comes with a 256GB SSD + the standard HDD.. And later on if needed, you can always replace the standard 5400RPM drive it comes with.

You should always prioritise the GPU over the SSD at any time :)

That being said - I'm the owner of G75VX which is an amazing machine, so I can only imagine how much fun the G750JH would be!

If your budget won't allow you to get the JH model, then at least make sure you get the one with 770M which is slightly better then 670MX.

kor77
06-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi there Kor77 and welcome to the ROG forum :)

First of all, this is just my opinion - Some might not agree.

But you should buy the G750JH if you can afford it - The 780M card is signifantly better then 770M and any other card out there.
If you buy this, you won't have to worry about settings in any game for at least 2-3 years.

It comes with a 256GB SSD + the standard HDD.. And later on if needed, you can always replace the standard 5400RPM drive it comes with.

You should always prioritise the GPU over the SSD at any time :)

That being said - I'm the owner of G75VX which is an amazing machine, so I can only imagine how much fun the G750JH would be!

If your budget won't allow you to get the JH model, then at least make sure you get the one with 770M which is slightly better then 670MX.

Thx for the welcome :)

Unfortunately the G750 with 780m will not be released in the Netherlands. In several threads I read that the 670mx can be OC near the 680MX, I haven't read much about the OC of the 770m.

My budget is 1800 euros and i'm stuck with one vendor only:(: Mycom.

Sagi
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
In that case I would probably go for the G75VX + 256gb SSD or something similar. However, you CAN get the G75VX with the Hybrid SSHD, which is pretty quick as well.

I don't have any experience with the 700series yet myself, but I'm not sure the OC'ing works the same way.

670MX will diffently be more then enough for future games like BF4 with a light OC :) I can vouch for that hehe

TokoDude
06-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Hallo Sagi!

You shouldn't but the old model but the new G750 is my my opinion.

Better performance and much better graphic card. You can run all games on Ultra on FULL HD.
only a few games you need to run MSSA off (MSSA is not a really necessary to turn on.)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

And Haswell processors can be overclocked.

(je kan trouwens hier nog verder klein stukje lezen en makkelijk de winkels vinden die deze laptop verkopen. Ik had met mijn G75VW erg veel moeite moeten doen om het te kunnen kopen want niemand bied zulke High performance laptops aan. en hebben ze heel vaak niet op vooraad.)

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/89749/asus-start-verkoop-g750-gamelaptop.html

ShadyStan
06-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Guys, are you sure we can overclock the GTX700 series graphics cards the same way we overclocked the GTX600 series? I mean now we got the automatic GPU boost with the new 700 series and I doubt if we can use the usual overclocking utilities such as MSI Afterburner, etc.
By the way I'm not sure whether I'll upgrade to the new G750 series. So far I've been pretty satisfied with my G75VX and maybe I'll replace it next year when the GTX800 series (Maxwell) graphics cards come out.

kor77
06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Hallo Sagi!

You shouldn't but the old model but the new G750 is my my opinion.

Better performance and much better graphic card. You can run all games on Ultra on FULL HD.
only a few games you need to run MSSA off (MSSA is not a really necessary to turn on.)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

And Haswell processors can be overclocked.

(je kan trouwens hier nog verder klein stukje lezen en makkelijk de winkels vinden die deze laptop verkopen. Ik had met mijn G75VW erg veel moeite moeten doen om het te kunnen kopen want niemand bied zulke High performance laptops aan. en hebben ze heel vaak niet op vooraad.)

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/89749/asus-start-verkoop-g750-gamelaptop.html

Hallo Toko,

Let's continue in English so everyone can follow the thread. As I said in my previous message i'm stack with only one vendor: Mycom:(.

kor77
07-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Proud to announce that I order this one today: G75VX-T4136H-3rd i7-3630QM. :) I hope the paste jobs have been done properly.
Any tips or tricks I need to know of. Any assistance will be helpful to get the most out of this machine.
Spec will be posted soon.

Greetz a fellow ROG owner.

Sadler13
07-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi all,

Proud to announce that I order this one today: G75VX-T4136H-3rd i7-3630QM. :) I hope the paste jobs have been done properly.
Any tips or tricks I need to know of. Any assistance will be helpful to get the most out of this machine.
Spec will be posted soon.

Greetz a fellow ROG owner.

Congrats and enjoy!