PDA

View Full Version : HDMI audio

brettt777
08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I have the HDMI video output from my G73jh going to a Samsung 2370 HD TV/monitor. Is there some way to get the HD audio on that monitor as well? Do I need a seperate cable for audio or should it be on the HDMI cable? How do I get HDMI audio out?

Chastity@ASUS
08-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Are you using a HT audio setup, or are you going to use the speakers on the TV?

brettt777
08-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Well, I'm not sure. Right now I just have the audio out jack on the laptop going to a set of Dell (sorry, I know that's a bad word here) speakers with a sub woofer. The Samsung monitor is an SMXL2370HD that has an audio in port labeled HDMI/PC/DVI-D audio in. I was thinking maybe I could have the HDMI audio going into the monitor and then connect the speakers to the audio output of the monitor, but since the HDMI output of the G73 is already going to the monitor, should there already be audio there? I am also wondering if running the audio out of the G73 into the monitor and then into the speakers is actualy pointless. Maybe the audio is already as good as it will get just coming directly out of the laptop. What do you mean by HT audio setup?
I don't seem to have very much control of the audio from the laptop as far as equalizer or effects. I have heard that there is a way to have Creative X-Fi type controls with the Realtek audio hardware but I'm not sure how to do it. I found some software for this but it didn't seem to do much except rearrange all of the various speakers levels.
I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out how to get the HD audio working correctly. I plan on doing a fresh Win 7 install and basically getting the machine back to what it was when I first got it (with the help of all the resources you posted, many thanks for that because I was never able to burn a set of recovery disks).