PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Black Screen upon boot up

Namidy
06-25-2013, 12:53 AM
So, my G74SX has recently started (I can't pinpoint the date, but it is within one month at least) displaying complete black screen when I start the laptop, all up until the "Welcome" part. I can't even access the BIOS either. Everything else seems pretty fine, except the computer also seeming to have slowed down at the time, but that's got to be an entirely different issue, right?

I saw one other recent post here with essentially the same problem, but I just wanted to make sure before I decide to have this sent to Best Buy to get it checked as my one year warranty with Asus had ran out.

Anyway, if anyone knows what the best action I can take is, I would appreciate it,
-David

Pitcher@asus
06-25-2013, 01:52 AM
you mean when you power up laptop, then black screen to see the welcome? when you press F2 or Del can not into BIOS in black screen?
if you shut down then hold F2 then press power button, is it able to into BIOS?

Namidy
06-25-2013, 04:00 AM
you mean when you power up laptop, then black screen to see the welcome? when you press F2 or Del can not into BIOS in black screen?
if you shut down then hold F2 then press power button, is it able to into BIOS?

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. I can't access the BIOS that way either. I wouldn't care so much aside from the fact that this prevents me from doing any factory reset and other additional things :/

Arvizu360
06-28-2013, 06:58 AM
I got this same problem, but video comes up after 40 seconds of black screen and the login windows comes up. any help?