PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75 Screen Black Because of Bump.

Aesthetic
06-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Good Evening,I have my G75 for nearly 5 months,about an hour ago I lifted up my laptop and the bottom (center at the back) hit off my knee,the screen went black but there was still a light coming from it as if it was still on,I turned off the laptop from the power button and rebooted and the screen was fine again.Do you think this is something to worry about or has anyone experienced this before??

Thank you

Brady

Aesthetic
06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Anyone?Will I just send off to Asus to get fixed or is it nothing to worry about???

Gumwars
06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Are you seeing any other problems? Has it happened again?

Aesthetic
06-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the reply,no I have no other problems and it hasn't happened again,It is the first time this happened and I know some people are having problems with their screens but may it just have been a one off thing as I did give it a little bump?

Apexing
06-25-2013, 04:38 PM
dont bump please. this forum is slow moving and your post was still on first page :)
I would not have worried about it, I would have tried to wiggle the screen around while it was on to see if I could have reproduced the issue before sending it in for a repair. Then again you are within warranty so you might as well get some use from it :D I just hope the issue will be fixed, and that the repair center wont have broken it.

Aesthetic
06-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I think I might hold onto it so for another while,I still have 1 and a half years of warranty so if it happens again I will send it off,thanks for the replys!!

Dreamonic
06-25-2013, 04:55 PM
The screen went black because the HDD got jolted from impact. It's a safety mechanism to prevent data loss as the heads park themselves when they recieve this treatment. This would explain why you had screen backlight but no picture, everything is on the HDD. A shutdown or restart puts everything back to normal. You will notice the LED light indicator for HDD activity no longer was lit up but the rest of the lights were when it happened.

Aesthetic
06-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Excellent man,I did not know that at all!!Thanks for telling me,I can stop waiting for it to happen again now and just worry about putting it on my lap more gently!!Thanks again!!

Clintlgm
06-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Also think this way if you can not duplicate the error, sending it in to repair would be a waste of time and putting your NB in jeopardy for no reason.

Pitcher@asus
06-26-2013, 03:43 AM
so it is random not alway? do you know is it have cycle? i mean like when you press how many times will occur?