PDA

View Full Version : Tools to help optimize my system and better take care of her

dxVxb
06-25-2013, 03:24 PM
I just wanted to know a few tools which everyone uses to better get to know what is going on with my system and how she is working (eg: efficiency, heat)

any and all advice is appreciated! thank you.

Apexing
06-25-2013, 04:40 PM
You wont need any.
You can get hwinfo to get an idea of how your temp is, but any "optimize" programs will just clog up the laptop.
I would however uninstall asus splendid software or what ever it is called, as well as the asus update program.
and go to nvidia.com and click the driver scan button and update to newest driver :)

Have fun with your laptop :D

ggBanks
06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
You can use CCleaner. It is a program that cleans up temporary internet files and cookies that accumulate on the HDD in time after you go on the internet. It also has registry cleaner, which cleans the Windows regysries from programs that you have uninstalled earlier and have not cleaned their registry entries. It is also freeware and you can download it form www.piriform.com

Apexing
06-25-2013, 05:40 PM
regarding cleaner programs, this is a good read
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2029460/panacea-or-pariah-five-pc-cleanup-utilities-put-to-the-test.html

All of the other utilities worked well enough, but they didn’t have a meaningful impact on performance. In fact, according to PCMark 7 system performance went down ever so slightly after running SlimCleaner, CCleaner, and PC Booster, though boot time was improved somewhat with Ashampoo WinOptimizer. Presumably, that's because in addition to cleaning up junk files it shut down a few services running in the background. In terms of recovered disk space, CCleaner was able to purge slightly more junk data from the system, but the differences between the apps were negligible. I compiled the results below so you can see for yourself.

Gumwars
06-25-2013, 05:41 PM
I use Tuneup Utilities. I've been using for about five years and Microsoft should just bundle it in the OS. Very low impact to overhead and what you lose in cycles is more than made up in optimization.

Clintlgm
06-25-2013, 06:50 PM
One of the most useful programs for your NB and any other computer Is Hwinfo64 (http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html)
It will give you every detail of your system, and its free
I'm the only tool that I allow to make changes to my computers if you know what's going on you can solve, or determine most any problem. Hwinfo64 is the most complete free tool I know of currently.

TokoDude
06-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Defrag your system to gain more speed.

Don't use this programme on SSD!!!

Defraggler is what i use the link is here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/

and CCleaner

whathedo69
06-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Thes are the exact steps I run to keep my g75 fully optimize and keep it running flawlessly
Type % temp% in the windows search tap and delwte all the temp files them run disk clean up
Then run ccleaner also once a week I check for Windows, Nvidia, and Intel updates just to stay on top of things and once a monthe I clean my fans.
I did a fresh install so I dont have any asus bloatware the only program from them I use is via audio driver and thats about it oh yeah and everyonce in a while I will check for firmware updates on my ssd's it might sound like a lot but it is realy not I do these steps every other day just cause but thats just me andbplus im very happy on my performance I have alot more upgrades on my g75 than most people that own one but like I said thats just me I woukd recommend you do the same it will keep your g75 running great.