PDA

View Full Version : G75 Audio Issues [solved]

Alextasos
06-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Hello all, I understand this topic has been posted a million times but I still cannot resolve the problem. I recently bought my G75 on ebay and it came with a 'fresh install' of windows 8. everything is fine except: the common subwoofer won't work problem. and one minor problem where i cannot scroll on touchpad.
what i have done so far is manually update all drivers, all drivers are up to date. (I tried the automatic ASUS wizard but I cannot use it; when i hit 'go' button, I get a prompt saying "get model failed"
I have the SPDIF interface (tx0) in playback devices, when i hit test it shows its putting out sound, but there is nothing audiable.
I am sorry if it is a repeated topic but i cannot find a soulution on any thread ive read.

Apexing
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
try right click the windows audio icon, select output devices, see if the speakers are shown as default device.
Have you gotten the newest drivers from asus page, or from part manufactures ?

Alextasos
06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Also I think this might help. I do not have a 5.1 or 7.1 option in sound configuration, is there a driver im missing or something to recieve the option?

Alextasos
06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
yes speakers are my defult device, and yes even when i go to properties it says i have the latest driver

Apexing
06-26-2013, 05:04 PM
You should not have 5.1 or 7.1, the system is only a 2.1.
try again right click the window audio icon, go to properties, then right click '"VIA High Definition Audio" enter properties, enchancements, make sure 2.1 is checked.
Does the windows audio icon show that stuff is being played ?

Clintlgm
06-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello all, I understand this topic has been posted a million times but I still cannot resolve the problem. I recently bought my G75 on ebay and it came with a 'fresh install' of windows 8. everything is fine except: the common subwoofer won't work problem. and one minor problem where i cannot scroll on touchpad.
what i have done so far is manually update all drivers, all drivers are up to date. (I tried the automatic ASUS wizard but I cannot use it; when i hit 'go' button, I get a prompt saying "get model failed"
I have the SPDIF interface (tx0) in playback devices, when i hit test it shows its putting out sound, but there is nothing audiable.
You should have your default speakers selected SPDIF is a digital external system.
I am sorry if it is a repeated topic but i cannot find a soulution on any thread ive read. this should get your sound coming from your speakers

Alextasos
06-26-2013, 08:27 PM
22009 I do not have that option. Is that a red flag for maybe a driver or something i am missing?

Alextasos
06-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Clintlgm I do not understand your solution.. The SPDID should or should not be default device? Cause either way the subwoofer still will not function

Clintlgm
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Well from the Picture you posted your trying to access you Audio card though window, you should be working with the VIA HD Audio Deck???
Unless you have a G75VX where you would have Real tech system which I don't have so can not help you with. Which ever system you may need to download the correct drivers from Asus Download for your model and Windows version.

The NVidia sound is only for HDMI, you need to access your Audio Card to play through your speakers

cl-Albert
06-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Hope I'm not making things more confusing, but sounds like the speakers are working okay for Alextasos, and there is just a problem or question about the subwoofer operation?

1. @Alextasos, if you haven't checked this sticky thread Workaround for the Subwoofer / Audio Problems G55/G75 (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22889-Workaround-for-the-Subwoofer-Audio-Problems-G55-G75) , you may just want to look at the first page at least to get an idea of what problems/complaints other people are reporting with the subwoofer.

2. @Alextasos, from my personal experience with the G75VW in Win7 the subwoofer doesn't act like a normal subwoofer.
Instead it acts like another speaker with just a little more bass, so it's not always easy to tell if it's working or not.
There are settings in Win7 to turn off the subwoofer to help you figure out if it's not working, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Win8 (and if you want to worry about this much more).

Edit: I installed Win8 on a different hard drive and used the *.1400 audio driver from the ASUS download site. It doesn't appear the subwoofer is working with this driver version or I can't disable it to check?
I can swap back my Win7 hard drive on the same G75VW unit and confirm the subwoofer is working 'the (weird) way it does' on the G75VW, so the hardware is working normally.

You should have your default speakers selected............SPDIF is a digital external system.

Clintlgm I do not understand your solution.. The SPDIF should or should not be default device? Cause either way the subwoofer still will not function

@Alextasos, I added some punctuation for Clintlgm's quote above to try to make it more clear, but I believe he was just trying to say you should select the default speakers for your notebook audio to work and that you would select the SPDIF for that kind of external audio when used.

Anyway, as in items #1 and #2 above, your subwoofer may actually be working on this notebook, but not exactly as you expect. If you're interested, we can look into trying to disable the subwoofer in Win8 to help check it, and if possible, please check under your notebook to confirm it is the G75VW model and not the G75VX model.

Hope this helps!

Clintlgm
06-27-2013, 01:17 AM
CL-Albert no problem I accept any help I can get.

Alextasos, Here are some pictures of the VIA HD Audio Deck.
You can find the VIA HD Audio Deck in Control Panel if you have it installed?
Select Speakers Default Device, Expert mode. Notice that the LFE is not a LFE in this version of VIA drivers its now just called a bass speaker and plays all sound Low Midrange and High.
Select Speaker Setting and test, In this window as you click on a speaker in will make a sound
If you still have the bass speaker not working you may have to RMA for repairs???
If you do have sound on all three speaker proceed to the Sickies there are a couple of threads there on how to set up "Adjust" your system for the best sound I think cl-Albert gave you links to them in his reply

Alextasos
06-27-2013, 03:29 AM
thank you for taking the time to write out alot of feedback..
1) I have the VW model
2) The subwoofer is completly unfunctional, even with sound at 100 and my ear to the sub there is no sound coming from it
3)My other speakers operate just fine
4) I need to find a way to activate them, I will be more than happy to provide pictures of what im looking at, it seems I do not have some menu's as were being described.

Apexing
06-27-2013, 12:36 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/qs2mop.jpg
thats the one im using, and as you can se im on windows 8 and subwoofer works.

Clintlgm
06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Well if you do not have the VIA software installed or Functioning, windows may just ignore your bass speaker? The VIA Drivers x.x.x.xx600 and beyond all work well. Using the VIA HD Audio Deck you can test each speaker individually.
I suspect that your windows install, installed a Native windows Audio driver. you can check this by going to Computer Management/device manager/Sound, video and game controllers. You should see in the list "VIA High Definition Audio" The "NVidia High definition Audio" is for HDMI only you have to have the VIA driver installed.

Alextasos
06-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok so I found where you told me to go to for the device manager but as for the control panel items, there is no option for via hd audio deck

Alextasos
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
sorry for rotated photos!!! It will not let me post my screen shots so i have to use my phone >.<

Clintlgm
06-27-2013, 05:45 PM
I think that is what your problem is the VIA software in not installed or not correctly installed, Look in Programs and features in you control panel and see if the software is installed. If it is then download the latest version of VIA Driver from ASUS download for you NB and OS, then go back to control panel, Programs and Features and uninstall the VIA Software. Reboot and then run the downloaded VIA software .exe file to install the VIA HD Audio drivers. Then you will find the VIA HD Audio Deck Icon in your taskbar notification area, where you can check your speakers as described in an earlier post. If you still don't have any sound coming from the Bass Speaker You will most likely have to RMA your NB to have it repaired.
You might be able to update the VIA driver in device manager however since your having problems with that installation you should uninstall it if you can and then install the complete driver you downloaded.

cl-Albert
06-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Alextasos, if possible, please tell us your audio driver version under the VIA High Definition Audio Properties in device manager.

I'm running audio driver Version V6.0.10.1400 from the ASUS download site (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388) and have the Via HD Audio Deck in Win8, so hopefully we can get your system to show this.
Also, be sure to run the setup.exe file after you unzip the driver download instead of updating the driver from device manager.

By the way if you're on the download site, you may also want to get and install the Synaptics Touchpad Driver Version V16.2.11.7 from the ASUS Download site if necessary.
I noticed there is a slight bug with that touchpad download and you need to unzip and install a second zip file that appears after you unzip the download.
You should see a touchpad icon in the notification area of your taskbar after it's installed and can double left-click to change some touchpad settings.

Edit: As of 7/1/13, the G75VW Win8 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Version V16.2.11.7 has been re-posted and doesn't have that double-zip file issue anymore.

Alextasos
06-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you everybody for your feedback and support. I was able to resolve the problem. I was able to get the VIA HD audio deck icon to come up but when I tried to run it, it would not start. I uninstalled every audio file on my computer, downloaded all new ones and reinstalled and I was able to acess the audio deck and enable the Sub. So I am blaming a faulty install :P. Still couldnt have thought of that without you guys thanks!

Anudeep
02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
How to make it work???

Clintlgm
02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
How to make it work???
Open the VIA HD Deck change the selection from SPDIF to Speakers

cl-Albert
02-06-2014, 05:29 PM
How to make it work???

Assume you are trying to get 5.1 output with a SPDIF connection or something similar.
From what I remember there are at least 2 different kinds of SPDIF connections which are electrical and optical, so wondering which you are using?

You may want to get more confirmation, but I'm pretty sure the G75VW will use SPDIF optical out.

Check this link http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38815-Asus-G750JH-SPDIF-output-Encoding-Dolby-Digital-Live-!&highlight=spdif and post #4 by GGCAN (thanks!) for a picture of the 3.5 " Toslink to Optical Mini Adapter.

Haven't looked into much of this information, but check this link about getting digital output on the G55VW which will probably be similar for the G75VW if everything is correct (thanks to srmojuze):
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28657-G55VW-S1173H-Dolby-Digital-Optical-Out-Confirmed&highlight=spdif

Clintlgm
02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Yea I didn't know this here is a link to 3.5mm Toslink to Toslink (http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-TOTHMNTSLK03-12-Feet-Digital-Optical/dp/B001ZU3G2I/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1391711662&sr=8-11&keywords=%283.5mm+adaptor+on+Toslink+to+Toslink) Cable