PDA

View Full Version : DVD multi drive replacement

jimwho16
06-28-2013, 05:27 AM
I want to replace DVD drive with a Blue-ray ? Any input on drive to use ?

Pitcher@asus
06-28-2013, 06:48 AM
i think G750 is bundling Blue-Ray COMBO DVD driver, why you needed change?

Clerbois
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
It's possibe to find models with only DVD drive.
Ans it's hard to find BD burner...

jimwho16
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Mine is DVD Multi Drive. GTX770M model with 5400 rpm hdd and 256 sdd.

Shawnnepc
06-29-2013, 02:29 AM
I want to replace DVD drive with a Blue-ray ? Any input on drive to use ?

You should be able to use any standard laptop Blu-ray drive.

You'll need to remove the front clips that attach the front part of the tray from your DVD drive and apply it to the new blu-ray drive.

I've used the LG BT30N on the G75's and I don't see why it wouldn't work for the G750

z3540
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I had a G75vx and upgraded the RAM, the HDD to SSD, and the DVD to Bluray RW. I recently traded it in for the G750 after removing the upgrades. I also recommend the LG BT30N. You can look up the specs here: http://www.lg.com/us/data-storage/lg-BT30N

I found the best price from SuperBiiz. They also have a coupon for $15 off here: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/superbiiz.com?c=4824639

It is good only until July 4!!! (I wish I had that when I ordered mine)

Disclaimer: I am not related to SuperBiiz in any way.

After you remove the big back plate on the back of the computer, you have to remove one screw to release the DVD drive. After you pull the DVD drive out, look for a metal plate held in place by 2 small screws at the rear of the drive. You'll need to remove them and place them on the Bluray drive. Pay close attention to the orientation of the metal plate on the DVD drive and place it the same way on the Bluray drive, otherwise, you won't be able to lock the Bluray drive with the 1 screw you removed earlier. As Shawneepc says, you need to remove the face plate off the stock DVD drive and place it on the new Bluray drive, otherwise, the plate that comes with the Bluray drive won't fit the G750 when you close the drive. Be very careful when you do this because the small plastic "clips" that hold it in place seem very fragile. Note that the above instructions worked for the G75vx. The process may be different with the G750. When I upgrade mine, I'll take pics if you want. Just let me know.