PDA

View Full Version : Guide for a beginner to install intel 525 msata SSD on G55vw

jiming
06-29-2013, 04:49 AM
I am having difficulty before this, trying to search for article on the best software for data migration, hardware installation, warranty questions and etc. I came across a lot different software which doesn't work well for me. I find those software are not user friendly maybe because I am new to this.

Then I came across this software in Intel website and since I am using intel product, I just gave it a try. This is one of the best software for data migration (but I am not sure whether it can be used by other SSD brand though). THIS is one of the most user friendly software that I ever know. What you need to do is download the intel data migration software and make sure your data in your HD(source) is smaller than your SSD(destination) capacity. You just need to click next and it will handle everything for you..

For the hardware part, since my notebook is still under warranty, I can't just assemble it myself because it will void the warranty. And the msata port is not reachable by user, it requires disassemble the whole laptop which I afraid of doing it. So I went to the Asus service center and request them to install for me. They are very helpful and they even don't charge me for the installation since it is under warranty.

THis is the best upgrade and it really worth the buck. Read/Write speed increase 5X compared to HDD. Can you imagine how much of improvement is that!! I will upload my SSD benchmark and other benchmark once I got my snapshot of it

Clintlgm
06-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Macrium Reflect (http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx) will copy your disk to disk including shrinking a large HD down to the size of a SSD Flawlessly

Its good to know Asus Repair will install an msata for someone with out charge!

Most of the G models either came with SSD's or have upgraded to one, even the slow ones are very fast compared to a HD

cl-Albert
07-02-2013, 11:04 PM
For the hardware part, since my notebook is still under warranty, I can't just assemble it myself because it will void the warranty. And the msata port is not reachable by user, it requires disassemble the whole laptop which I afraid of doing it. So I went to the Asus service center and request them to install for me. They are very helpful and they even don't charge me for the installation since it is under warranty.

Thanks for posting, but you don't appear to be located in the North America and unfortunately, I don't believe the U.S. or Canadian ASUS service centers will be able to perform any upgrades, so the policies may be different from region to region, and customers need to check with your local service center to be sure.