PDA

View Full Version : G750 Waves MaxxAudio gone??? [solved ?]

x70xchallengerx
07-01-2013, 04:37 AM
EDIT: SOLVED: (cred adamsyes)

Updated Thread: I found out that by downloading the lastest driver of our realtek sound card go here

>>>LINK<<< (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111)

the lastest starting from .9540 version and up has ROG skin Waves Maxxaudio.

Don't bother with Version V6.0.1.7016 yet however, because it increases cpu usage and is buggy.

including many fixes and sound improvement !

Cheers :) they do not require to delete the config file. lastests will come already fixed.

(I don't know how to change thread title, or if i can, mod please change to "Waves MaxxAudio problems solved")
-- original issue below --

So the "Waves MaxxAudio" EQ/Software for audio that came with the computer, is a great program... but I noticed the "advanced" tab was missing as compared to the image displayed on the G750 promo page (take a look for urself) so I went and downloaded the newer version from the G750 drivers page (from V6.0.1.6870 TO V6.0.1.6909) and installed it....

Well after installing and restarting my PC, the waves MaxxAudio control panel is completely gone. sound is flat, tinny with boomy mids/lows (as if clicking flat preset in maxxaudio) The MaxxAudio window can be opened but it says something about missing hardware (i can't remember), so I decided to go ahead and install the old one back, and now the control panel won't open at all, maxxaudio doesn't exist :/

Idk what to do, the speakers sound like crap without one of the presets on, to be honest... can anyone offer any help??

or if someone has been lucky enough to discover anything, any chances of another waves EQ with more custom settings??

Pitcher@asus
07-01-2013, 06:46 AM
please update for Version 6.0.1.6909 try again from asus support site.

x70xchallengerx
07-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately it's still not there after updating again :(

I found the panel EXE in Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA but it still shows "MaxxAudio processes internal speakers output only"...

z3540
07-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I did not know that MaxxAudio was installed until I saw this thread. Unfortunately, I updated the driver to 6909 before I read this tread so I can't verify if my G750 had a working MaxxAudio. I just checked and mine is disabled too! I hope Asus fixes this. Why would they include it if it doesn't work? Is the problem I was having the reason they made it non-functional: when I would install a program and a pop up window appears, the sound associated with the window was cut short and had sound like static. With the update, I can now hear the full, clear "ding".

x70xchallengerx
07-02-2013, 07:12 PM
The maxx audio plugin really made the speakers sound good... like right now they sound tinny/boomy but with maxx audio they sounded fuller with a good dynamic range and not so boomy and echo-y... I hope they get it sorted out soon, I see all the waves .DLL's in System32 but there's something conflicting in here causing it not to work...

x70xchallengerx
07-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Has anyone looked further into this issue??

Dr4g0n36
07-09-2013, 09:20 AM
someone can explain me why my skin of audio panel isn't "ROG" ? i really like the one with ROG logo..

Arabian_Shadows
08-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Im having the same issue..

bootyroast
08-02-2013, 07:37 AM
For those that are having the issue, please refer to this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34734-Why-did-ASUS-remove-the-Maxx-Audio-Control-Panel-in-the-latest-Realrek-Audio-Driver&country=&status=) to get your MaxxAudio to work again.

derpcules
08-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks to everyone, this reduced the amount of hiss/whitenoise i hear. I presume its the pseudo gain setting in maxx audio.

Arabian_Shadows
08-03-2013, 07:49 AM
MaxxAudio is working however the rog symbol isnt there.24435 Should look like this

adamsyes
09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
MaxxAudio is working however the rog symbol isnt there.24435 Should look like this

im trying to find this but can't seem to get it does any one know how to obtain this?

Maxter
09-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Here is what I found: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vFqck0UbwigJ:rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php%3F36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
It is cached on google. It shows how to get the latest drivers AND how to get the ROG optimized software. Confirmed to work on all G750 variants.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers!

EDIT: Don't forget to delete the file in the config folder after you unzip the file... Follow the instructions as it says.
EDIT2: You also have to delete the same file from c:\windows\system32\Drivers. If you find that same file in this windows folder, it needs to go as well (it might or might not be there). If you don't delete it, this won't work.

adamsyes
09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Here is what I found: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vFqck0UbwigJ:rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php%3F36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
It is cached on google. It shows how to get the latest drivers AND how to get the ROG optimized software. Confirmed to work on all G750 variants.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers!

EDIT: Don't forget to delete the file in the config folder after you unzip the file... Follow the instructions as it says.
EDIT2: You also have to delete the same file from c:\windows\system32\Drivers. If you find that same file in this windows folder, it needs to go as well (it might or might not be there). If you don't delete it, this won't work.

Cheers indeed! thank you very much Maxter :)

_
09-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Latest:

G750JH driver CD V6.0.1.6976 has MaxxAudio
G750JW/JX will unfortunately need to wait till end of Sep. for new updated driver.

Pierre990429
09-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I purchased my G750JH in France. It cames with the 6899 Realtek drivers. I had the MAXXwaves panel.
Today I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted when asked to, and reinstalled the 6976 ones. (after deleting the one file in the config folder in the location where I unzipped the downloaded files)

Upon reboot, I got the ROG AudioWizard panel. The sound is much better ! (and remember, I already got the MAXXwaves before)

(I checked the C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Audio\Realtek\Realtek _audio_driver_(ALC269_ALC663_ALC680_ALC277_ALC282_ ALC668_ALC3229_ALC3236) folder, and there was no file in the config sub-folder here. that's why I already had the MAXXwaves, I guess)

The subwoofer really does his job, now.

I dunno why Asus only lists this version for the G750JH : shouldn't all G750s have the same audio-chip ?

adamsyes
09-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Updated Thread: I found out that by downloading the lastest driver of our realtek sound card go here

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Cheers :) they do not require to delete the config file. lastests will come already fixed.

charleshsu1
09-13-2013, 02:02 AM
I dont see one with version .9540 and up.

the latest one i see is V6.0.1.7004

adamsyes
09-13-2013, 04:04 AM
I dont see one with version .9540 and up.

the latest one i see is V6.0.1.7004

9540 based on the g750 download links. although on this one, the lastest V6.0.1.7006 will do fine. I've received a better sound quality

xlitee
09-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Dear ROG users!

I have a big problem. I have bought an Asus G750JX, pre-installed Win8 home. I installed a fresh install of Win 8 Pro(original).
After that I installed the Realtek audio driver, mentioned in this thread, BUT i can't use the MaxxAudio software...i deleted the file, installed and its not working. I have tried run the exe, but the program freeze...

upd1: when i try run the maxxaudiocontrol64.exe, from the HDA directory, the program say: maxxaudio processes internal speaker or.... and its freeze..

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

thank you

Dr4g0n36
09-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Dear ROG users!

I have a big problem. I have bought an Asus G750JX, pre-installed Win8 home. I installed a fresh install of Win 8 Pro(original).
After that I installed the Realtek audio driver, mentioned in this thread, BUT i can't use the MaxxAudio software...i deleted the file, installed and its not working. I have tried run the exe, but the program freeze...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

thank you

Download this file, leaving all "as is" in your computer:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_Z6017004.zip

then:

- unpack
- run executable
- wait until executable uninstall previous driver
- restart
- open desktop and wait the installation restart and finish itself
- restart.

If this procedure don't go fine, try to repeat it but previuous download "driver sweeper" and delete all realtek audio driver with this utility.

Xhryo
09-14-2013, 07:23 AM
hi, i got myself a g750jx and it seems i am unable to get maxxaudio. it keeps saying process internal speakers output only. i tried installing the latest version (.1.7004) but it still says the same. i tried the above method but failed getting maxxaudio to work too.

Edit : nvm i fixed it.

oVrKiLL
09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
What did you end up doing? I have tried all the above and same deal process internal speakers output only. Ran driver cleaner, deleted realtek folder in programfiles and programfiles(x86) and no go......Not a big deal cause I havent used the app to see a difference but would like to know what Im missing.

oVrKiLL
09-17-2013, 01:52 AM
bump

oVrKiLL
09-17-2013, 08:37 PM
bump

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 11:32 PM
no max udio fo r me with all the try......

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 11:42 PM
i try all the links that are in this thread, try to find the file mentioned, and nothing, no file, and no max udio, how can i solved this, im in 7004, the last link posted....

need help

thank you very much community in advance

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 01:27 PM
i made a restore, to previous factory settings and all that appears is this

i try the above driver 7004, and what it does, it makes maxxaudio disapear.

i dont know how to get a better, program of maxxaudio, and make that options appear, in the digital output panel, i use the Spid-Inf exit

please community, im looking for some soul out there, that can help me please

hmscott
09-18-2013, 03:27 PM
...help me please

Al, please stay in 1 thread to fix problems, spreading out the same question between 3 threads makes it tough to help you.

Please pick one of these 3 threads to continue debugging your problem, and close out the others with a pointer to the thread you want to continue:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37425-Asus-G750JX-software-problems-Need-Help&country=&status=
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36206-Asus-G750JW-audio-drivers-Realtek&country=&status=
or here in this thread.

Pierre990429
09-18-2013, 07:15 PM

i try the above driver 7004, and what it does, it makes maxxaudio disapear.

i dont know how to get a better, program of maxxaudio, and make that options appear, in the digital output panel, i use the Spid-Inf exit

please community, im looking for some soul out there, that can help me please

You should read the other threads and the other pages of this thread....

I have a 750JH. (bought in France, French Windows)
I uninstalled the stock 6899 drivers and installed the 6976 ones. Then I got the ROG Audiowizard panel.
Maybe it doesn't work with other G750 models.

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Al, please stay in 1 thread to fix problems, spreading out the same question between 3 threads makes it tough to help you.

Please pick one of these 3 threads to continue debugging your problem, and close out the others with a pointer to the thread you want to continue:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37425-Asus-G750JX-software-problems-Need-Help&country=&status=
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36206-Asus-G750JW-audio-drivers-Realtek&country=&status=
or here in this thread.

ok my friend sorry about that, i was in despair... you can leave my first thread, the first you posted, because i have 3 questions there, only one more to go...

Thank you apreciated the notice, and again sorry

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
ok my friend sorry about that, i was in despair... you can leave my first thread, the first you posted, because i have 3 questions there, only one more to go...

Thank you apreciated the notice, and again sorry

driver sweeper, was the answer

thank you for your attention anyway my friend

hmscott
09-19-2013, 08:50 AM
driver sweeper, was the answer

It sounds like the answer was to do an uninstall to allow the install to work correctly.

What did you use driver sweeper to remove? The Realtek driver before installing the new one? Or?

Ravage6652
09-19-2013, 11:03 PM
I have the same problem but i've uninstalled used driver sweeper deleted manually the files and installed different driver versions and still can't get maxxaudio back :(

oVrKiLL
09-20-2013, 01:44 AM
same here dude. Even downloaded driverfusion(the latest version of driver cleaner). GOing to do it again and grab the older drivers off asus support site. WIll report back in a few. THis is really silly.....

oVrKiLL
09-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Ok I got it. I had to(and there is no guarantee this will work so try at your own risk)
1. download Driver Fusion(search the web for it)
2. download the driver listed in the hyperlink in the first post on this topic
3. uninstall the old realtek driver using controlpanel/Programs and Features
4. reboot
5. open windows explorer and under Program Files(x86) Delete the realtek folder(using shift delete)
6. browse back to the root of c:\ and into Program Files Delete the realtek folder(using shift delete)
7. reboot
8. run driver fusion, select sound, and then delete the asus sound driver
9. run driver fusion, select sound and then delete the realtek sound driver
10. reboot
11. DISABLE AV(if your running it)
12. Install the latest sound driver you downloaded in step 2
13.(I noticed a sound manager icon appear on my desktop before I rebooted one last time, then rebooted when prompted and now my maxx audio controls are working:)

hmscott
09-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Ok I got it. I had to(and there is no guarantee this will work so try at your won risk)
1. download Driver Fusion(search the web for it)
2. download the driver listed in the hyperlink in the first port on this topic
3. uninstall the old realtek driver using controlpanel/Programs and Features
4. reboot
5. open windows explorer and under Program Files(x86) Delete the realtek folder(using shift delete)
6. browse back to the root of c:\ and into Program Files Delete the realtek folder(using shift delete)
7. reboot
8. run driver fusion, select sound, and then delete the asus sound driver
9. run driver fusion, select sound and then delete the realtek sound driver
10. reboot
11. DISABLE AV(if your running it)
12. Install the latest sound driver you downloaded in step 2
13.(I noticed a sound manager icon appear on my desktop before I rebooted one last time, then rebooted when prompted and now my maxx audio controls are working:)

Sweet! Great Job oVrKiLL!!

Which version of the Realtek driver did you install?

oVrKiLL
09-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017027

Ravage6652
09-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Ok I found the problem on mine, Driver Sweeper was not taking out the file from the windows directory. I found this in another post about the problem.

The "Broken" part of the older drivers, .6976 and before, is that Realtek included a file called rtkhdaud.dat with the installer package that disabled the MaxxAudio plugin. you need to remove rtkhdaud.dat from the unzipped installer Config directory first, but if you forgot to do that before installing, you then also needed to search in C:\Windows\ for the rtkhdaud.dat file and delete it before trying the install again.

Sure enough I found rtkhdaud.dat hiding in my c:\windows so I manually deleted it and restarted then installed the .7027 driver and BAM it's back and everything is rainbows and unicorns now :D

hmscott
09-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Ok I found the problem on mine, Driver Sweeper was not taking out the file from the windows directory. I found this in another post about the problem.

The "Broken" part of the older drivers, .6976 and before, is that Realtek included a file called rtkhdaud.dat with the installer package that disabled the MaxxAudio plugin. you need to remove rtkhdaud.dat from the unzipped installer Config directory first, but if you forgot to do that before installing, you then also needed to search in C:\Windows\ for the rtkhdaud.dat file and delete it before trying the install again.

Sure enough I found rtkhdaud.dat hiding in my c:\windows so I manually deleted it and restarted then installed the .7027 driver and BAM it's back and everything is rainbows and unicorns now :D

Excellent!, removing the rtkhdaud.dat hiding in my c:\windows is what cured it for me too!

Yup, Rainbows and Unicorns, that's what I saw too :)

oVrKiLL
09-21-2013, 03:27 AM
I would definitely go Ravages Route*GJ Dude) first on this. Mine seemed like it took forever, and to be honest I think I did his step and left it out of my process documentation because I had done SOO MUCH that I had forgotten all my steps. Sheesh, IM thinking realtek needs to cleanup these drivers in a BAD way.

yoshi
09-24-2013, 08:33 PM
1. download latest driver, (Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6016976), extract driver and delete from config ( rtkhdaud.dat ) also delete ( rtkhdaud.dat ) from local disk (C:)/ windows/ system 32/ drivers.
2.go to device manager and make sure to go to ( sound, video and game controllers) and uninstall (realtek high definition audio ) and click on the box delete the driver software for this device, press ok...
3.install driver from the carpet without ( rtkhdaud.dat ) reboot computer after, go back to device manager and on the audio input and outputs go to speaker and update driver, and that is all you have to do..

yoshi
09-24-2013, 08:37 PM
1. download latest driver, (Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6016976), extract driver and delete from config ( rtkhdaud.dat ) also delete ( rtkhdaud.dat ) from local disk (C / windows/ system 32/ drivers.
2.go to device manager and make sure to go to ( sound, video and game controllers) and uninstall (realtek high definition audio ) and click on the box delete the driver software for this device, press ok...
3.install driver from the carpet without ( rtkhdaud.dat ) reboot computer after, go back to device manager and on the audio input and outputs go to speaker and update driver, and that is all you have to do..

yoshi
09-24-2013, 08:38 PM
1. download latest driver, (Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6016976), extract driver and delete from config ( rtkhdaud.dat ) also delete ( rtkhdaud.dat ) from local disk (C:)/ windows/ system 32/ drivers.

Symho
09-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi to all! I have a question for you. In the our audio drivers there should be no the SONIC RADAR software?

SCROLL THIS PAGE (http://www.asusdesign.com/behindthedesign/asus-design-rog/asus-design-rog.htm)

:confused:

kingkaan
09-30-2013, 06:07 AM
i instaled the latest one i still don't see waves maxxaudio :(

Karl78
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks to all guys. I have only deleted rtkhdaud.dat both from win directory and config, and then installed driver (.6976, with g750jx), without manually deleting the older one. Maxxaudio is back, in ROG version. Now my question is: why Asus has implemented this rtkhdaud.dat???

Symho
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks to all guys. I have only deleted rtkhdaud.dat both from win directory and config, and then installed driver (.6976, with g750jx), without manually deleting the older one. Maxxaudio is back, in ROG version. Now my question is: why Asus has implemented this rtkhdaud.dat???

The real question is: "Why ASUS don't fix this driver?". :D

Karl78
09-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Yep ;)

adamsyes
10-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Hi to all! I have a question for you. In the our audio drivers there should be no the SONIC RADAR software?

SCROLL THIS PAGE (http://www.asusdesign.com/behindthedesign/asus-design-rog/asus-design-rog.htm)

:confused:

Yes, you are correct. it was Announced earlier by ASUS in one of their Quarter product announcement events. Although it seems as they've dropped it before the final release of the G750 Series.

Why ? we may never know :( I've been trying to get my hands on more information about this, sadly it was nowhere to be acquired so far.

Symho
10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Nothing update... I had read that in last september will be a new release of audio driver but I don't see anything on ASUS's web page. I repeat, why ASUS don't fix the Realtek's driver? We can speak about misleading advertising, on ASUS' web page?

CurrySonic
10-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Good steps but does't work due to driver vers.6976 being faulty even with rtkhdaud.dat removed from its install file. I fixed mine and got the ROG branded Audio Wizard (by MaxxAudio) by following these steps described by Ravage6652 with paraphrasing and slight editing from yoshi's steps.

Waves MaxxAudio gone FIX

1. download latest driver, ( Version V6.0.1.7027 ) from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111 and delete ( rtkhdaud.dat ) from local disk (C/ windows/ system 32/ drivers.
3.install driver Version V6.0.1.7027

Voil! Everything should be rainbows and unicorns!

Symho
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Good steps but does't work due to driver vers.6976 being faulty even with rtkhdaud.dat removed from its install file. I fixed mine and got the ROG branded Audio Wizard (by MaxxAudio) by following these steps described by Ravage6652 with paraphrasing and slight editing from yoshi's steps.

Waves MaxxAudio gone FIX

1. download latest driver, ( Version V6.0.1.7027 ) from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111 and delete ( rtkhdaud.dat ) from local disk (C/ windows/ system 32/ drivers.
3.install driver Version V6.0.1.7027

Voil! Everything should be rainbows and unicorns!

I think that all of this must be done from ASUS engineers! I remember you that we had bought with "working" money!

Zorigami
10-10-2013, 12:54 AM

I had the same issue, and went on a Google spree. This worked great! Thanks so much.

Symho
10-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I had the same issue, and went on a Google spree. This worked great! Thanks so much.

Finally ASUS had released the new audio drivers .7023. Go on web page and install it; you will see the new software Audio wizard by MaxxAudio.

Nehmia
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Finally ASUS had released the new audio drivers .7023. Go on web page and install it; you will see the new software Audio wizard by MaxxAudio.

yeah they removed the rtkhdaud.dat file

Maxter
11-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Does this latest working version come with ROG skin for MaxxAudio??

Symho
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Does this latest working version come with ROG skin for MaxxAudio??
Yes!

Nikola Jankovic
11-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone.
Can someone please tell me how to install Waves MaxxAudio, but with ROG theme? :/
Currently I have Waves MaxxAudio like this one >>> http://prntscr.com/27207c >>> http://prntscr.com/2720eu

I installed the latest Realtek Audio driver for Win7 x64 (Version V6.0.1.6942)

Thank you in advance for your replies. :)

Maxter
11-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Where did you get it from? You have to go to the support.asus.com website and download from there. The latest version for all G750s come with the ROG theme.

Nikola Jankovic
11-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I got it from here >>> http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Or I shouldn't had to download it from there? :/

PS: Sry for my grammar. :)

Maxter
11-27-2013, 09:19 PM
I got it from here >>> http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Or I shouldn't had to download it from there? :/

PS: Sry for my grammar. :)

Wrong place. Which version of G750 have you got? And I'm assuming you are on Win8, right? you didn't downgrade to Win7. Go to http://www.asus.com/support and type the model of your computer on the box. For example, I have the JW version, so I would type: G750JW. It'll go to a new page. There, you click on Download button and select the windows version you have. G750 comes with Win8 64-bit. Some peopla upgraded to Win8.1 64-bit. Once you select the version, the website will give you the optional files to download. The one you want should be under Audio

cosmicmango
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
You can get the Realtek Audio driver from the link below. Click Windows 8 then under Audio download Version V6.0.1.7023 it will work with Windows 7.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=ASUS+ROG+G750JX&os=&hashedid=x1g0H6pE0yWYGV8x

Nikola Jankovic
11-28-2013, 01:03 AM
It worked! Thanks guys.

Btw, I have Win7 but Win8 driver works just fine.

Kameomax
12-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Hello guys , I have a G750jx with Win 8.1 and I try to install the new driver of Realtek from the site of AsusTek, but i lost the MaxxWaves... someone can help me ? Thank you very much...
P.S. Scuse me for the bad Enghlish ...

Symho
12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello guys , I have a G750jx with Win 8.1 and I try to install the new driver of Realtek from the site of AsusTek, but i lost the MaxxWaves... someone can help me ? Thank you very much...
P.S. Scuse me for the bad Enghlish ...

Which version of driver?

If you had installed .7023 version your app MaxxWave become Audio Wizard by Maxx too.

Kameomax
12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes I had istalled .7023 version , but i can' t find MaxxWave or Audio WIzard by Mazz too...

Symho
12-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes I had istalled .7023 version , but i can' t find MaxxWave or Audio WIzard by Mazz too...

Try "clean" installation, remove driver and its folder then restart pc and install the latest driver.

Kameomax
12-21-2013, 01:32 PM
ok i ll try it now... thank you very much for your help

CaptainFlint
01-09-2014, 01:31 AM
so how to fix this when i open realtek HD audio manager in audio wizard when i click launch nothing happens i have the laters drivers

acegem84
02-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi all, I have this issue of the settings being reset whenever I unplug my headset and plugging in my headset. Can I check if anyone experiences the same thing? Quite irritated for the need to redo the wavemax settings after each of these actions

konstantin12
03-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Which Realtek version is recommended for now? There are too many of them with different dates and version numbers.

Dr4g0n36
03-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Which Realtek version is recommended for now? There are too many of them with different dates and version numbers.

Lastest working drivers fo G750Jx are 6.0.1.7156. There are newer version, but in R.O.G. audio panel disappeared the MAXXdialog gear, so lastest good are them. check on this site for other upgrades:

http://landragon.wix.com/g750jx

Dr4g0n36
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi all, I have this issue of the settings being reset whenever I unplug my headset and plugging in my headset. Can I check if anyone experiences the same thing? Quite irritated for the need to redo the wavemax settings after each of these actions

Try to update lastest version (7156) and remember that you have always to check the realtek panel that popup (or popunder if you are in fullscreen mode eg. videogames) every time you plug and unplug an adudio peripheal. until you don't close the panel accepting settings, realtek driver still consider valid last peripheal. If you don't accept trough te realtek panel, sometimes MAXX audio dont accept modified values.

konstantin12
03-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Lastest working drivers fo G750Jx are 6.0.1.7156. There are newer version, but in R.O.G. audio panel disappeared the MAXXdialog gear, so lastest good are them. check on this site for other upgrades:

http://landragon.wix.com/g750jx

Thanks, you've helped a lot!!!

kb0sdq
03-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Howdy folks.
I was wondering does this maxx system affect headsets to?
I use my lappy on Logitech h800 wireless headset (they have a usb transmitter) most of the day.
Thanks for any help,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

gabrielbenicky@gmail.com
04-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Got my Asus G750JX two weeks ago and i thought it will be the best thing in my life, but now it's giving me lot of trouble with sound. 2months ago i bought razer kraken pro headset and they are really good but somehow they won't work on my G750JX. I tried everything from reinstaling sound card by many drivers to buying external sound card but only today i realized that all the whole time may be one thing wrong, and that thing is not working Maxx Audio in my PC since i bought it. Maxx Audio processes internal speakers output only. This is all, all I've got, one sentence at all from the best thing in my life for my lifetime money.
Please help me solve it because i tried everything and everydriver and it won't work.

pokerface
04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Got my Asus G750JX two weeks ago and i thought it will be the best thing in my life, but now it's giving me lot of trouble with sound. 2months ago i bought razer kraken pro headset and they are really good but somehow they won't work on my G750JX. I tried everything from reinstaling sound card by many drivers to buying external sound card but only today i realized that all the whole time may be one thing wrong, and that thing is not working Maxx Audio in my PC since i bought it. Maxx Audio processes internal speakers output only. This is all, all I've got, one sentence at all from the best thing in my life for my lifetime money.
Please help me solve it because i tried everything and everydriver and it won't work.

I once helped a friend who wasn't able to get the MAxx audio despite him doing a clean windows 8.1 install and loading the latest drivers.

he uninstalled the realtek drivers, went into BIOS, restored BIOS defaults, then reinstalled the driver. then the maxx audio showed up

without Maxx audio, your soundcard is just a basic audio device and loses out on all its features

kb0sdq
04-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Now it gets frustrating lol.
Happened to look back at this thread. Looked at desktop and my maxx audio is gone replaced with asus audio Must have happened when I downloaded the jm audio drivers like another thread advised.
Maybe it will show up again heh?
Happy ROG_n
Doug

hmscott
04-30-2014, 05:00 AM
Now it gets frustrating lol.
Happened to look back at this thread. Looked at desktop and my maxx audio is gone replaced with asus audio Must have happened when I downloaded the jm audio drivers like another thread advised.
Maybe it will show up again heh?
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Doug, if you have installed a Win7 menu like ClassicShell, does the Realtek Folder still have the "Realtek HD Audio Manager", you can still access it that way - make a shortcut to put where you want it. Or do a WIndows search for it.

Here is the Target configured in the icon:

"C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe"

If it exists you can access it that way too.

If not, reinstall the latest Windows 8.1 version V6.0.1.7188
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

Here is the link for the version I am running, version V6.0.1.7188

Update: Someone at Asus has posted some old version 7183 ahead of and a newer version 7195 behind the 7188 version I tested, I haven't tried those other versions. If you have a problem with 7183 or 7195, try 7188 - someone reported 7183 as causing USB 3.0 problems, so be aware.

kb0sdq
05-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Thanks HmScott,
Tried what you suggested. Still says asus audio. I do not have the win 7 shell. just win 8.1
Happy ROG_n
Doug

hmscott
05-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks HmScott,
Tried what you suggested. Still says asus audio. I do not have the win 7 shell. just win 8.1
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Doug, what says Asus Audio? An Icon, a systray tool, an app, a dialog?

Screenshot with snipping tool?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

What did you try? Did you install the new version of the driver? Did you go to the directory where it is installed? Did you bring up the Realtek HD Audio Manager? Is the AudioWizard app/tab missing?

There are various ways to access MAXXAudio and the Realtek HD Audio Manager - they should have shown up on your desktop when you reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio Manager in the new driver package I provided the link to in the previous post.

kb0sdq
05-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Howdy again,
Yea it says audiowizard (one word)
Icon on my desktop
Thanks I got it working says " Rog audiowizard" and had maxxaudio button on it
just like the pic you posted. And yes I installed the latest driver that was posted from your link. believe it was 4/30/14
Anyhow thanks again. You are a great asset to this forum
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Rhinoface
06-13-2014, 04:21 AM
After several contacts with Asus customer support, I was told to download the latest driver (updated today, apparently), version 6.0.1.7209. However, while the Realtek Audio thing came back, Waves MaxxAudio did not. I checked system 32 and the driver download and there was no rtkhdaud.dat file. This is becoming a very frustrating issue. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Stereofunk
06-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. I dont know if it's appropriate for me to be asking this question about audio here in this thread. So do forgive me. Does anyone know how to stop that popup from showing up when i plug in my headset? This annoying popup keeps showing when i plug in my headset and i gotta choose what output i want the sound to come out of? Is there a way for the G750 to just automatically detect and switch without that popup? Thanks.

theclaw37
06-13-2014, 11:44 AM
There's literally a checkbox when you plug-in something that says "Enable auto popup dialog, when device has been plugged in". You can check that off. Although setting the proper device when connecting is pretty important. If you select Headphones, you better have headphones, and if you select speakers you better have connected Speakers. I noticed that the sound card adjusts various things depending on what you select.

Dr4g0n36
06-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. I dont know if it's appropriate for me to be asking this question about audio here in this thread. So do forgive me. Does anyone know how to stop that popup from showing up when i plug in my headset? This annoying popup keeps showing when i plug in my headset and i gotta choose what output i want the sound to come out of? Is there a way for the G750 to just automatically detect and switch without that popup? Thanks.

Here it is (from realtek panel, not ASUS panel)

Stereofunk
06-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Thank you very much theclaw37 and Dr4g0n36! You guys are awesome! Have a good weekend. :)

Froster82
06-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Guys, I just wanted to thank you for all your effort to solve this problem. After reading your posts, I am now a happy user of a fully functional AudioWizard on my G750, even though Asus support told me that my particular model was sold without any system on it, and the seller installed a raw Win8.1, and there was no way to get this software ;) I really appreciate all the work you have done here!

For all the new users who still have problems with finding AudioWizard, or have already found it and receive errors stating that "MaxxAudio processes internal speakers output only", make sure you delete rtkhdaud.dat from c:\windows\system32\Drivers - yep, it's really there, reboot, uninstall your current driver, reboot, download and install the latest driver (6.0.1.7209 did the trick for me), and be happy, because after a reboot you'll have the AudioWIzard working. At least that's what I did, and worked for me.

Rhinoface
06-14-2014, 07:29 PM
I still can't find rtkhdaud.dat in the drivers folder...don't have AudioWizard though. Any ideas?

Froster82
06-15-2014, 05:59 AM
You might try these, as I tried a couple of ways to enable AudioWizzard, before I read this topic:
1. Try installing different versions of the driver, with rebooting after each and every instal/uninstallation.
2. Also, turn on "show hidden files" option - just in case, as I don't know if this file is hidden, but when I saw it, I had this option turned on.
3. Try to run MaxxAudio exe file from Program Files, and see if it shows you anything (mine showed a small window with some error). Maybe after that rtkhdaud.dat is created in Drivers folder, or something...
I'm just hypothesising, as I can't recall my exact course of action. I know that for some time I also could not see rtkhdaud.dat.

themeonster
06-22-2014, 09:30 PM
I hate to bring back such an old thread but I figured that my question was too similar to justify creating a new one.

Recently I was messing around and trying some new audio drivers and the maxxaudio panel wouldn't let me turn the EQ settings off (I like to use it while on the laptop speakers but not while on headphones) I would click on off and it wouldn't do anything. So I tried to reinstall the drivers and now the Realtek audio manager is gone from the notification area and if I find it in programs it will start however nothing happens when I try to start the EQ from there. I have tried versions .7095, .7164, .7188, .7209, and .7235 all with the same results. Any help is appreciated.

theclaw37
06-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I have .7231 and everything is as it should. MaxxAudio included

themeonster
06-23-2014, 02:21 AM
I went through everything to make sure that there was no remaining hint of the previously installed driver and installed .7231 and the audio manager icon is still not in the notification area but if I search for realtek I can launch it. However the "launch" button under the AudioWizard tab continues to do nothing.

hmscott
06-23-2014, 02:34 AM
I went through everything to make sure that there was no remaining hint of the previously installed driver and installed .7231 and the audio manager icon is still not in the notification area but if I search for realtek I can launch it. However the "launch" button under the AudioWizard tab continues to do nothing.

themeonster, did you try searching for audiowizard?

If you don't have ClassicShell installed, you can search via Metro too.

Here is where the latest Audio drivers are installed - be careful to look down the list for the highest version number, Asus sometimes uploads an older driver into these lists and it ends up on top - in this case .7209 is on top but .7235 is a few down the list :)

Asus Support for Notebook Audio

When you install the newest one, .7235 it will uninstall the old one first, then reboot, then install the new driver at the next login - then reboot again, and you are ready to use the install.

Let us know if that fixes it!

Here is ClassicShell - brings back Windows Menu
http://www.classicshell.net/

And, 8gadgetPack - brings back gadgets
http://8gadgetpack.net/

theclaw37
06-23-2014, 08:09 AM
themonster, these drivers don't show anything in the notification area. Mine doesn't show there either, but they put a desktop icon with a brown-wood-ish speaker 38061. If i launch the program, it launches the rog audio wizard 38062

themeonster
06-24-2014, 12:14 AM
I tried installing the latest .7235 from the link and I have the same results as before. After a bit of digging around in the hd audio manager I found that as you said, theclaw37, it is not supposed to be in the notification area anymore. However I do not have the speaker shortcut on my desktop nor can I find "audiowizard" in search. As far as I can tell, the drivers are functioning properly, but I cant get the audio wizard to launch when I click the button in the audio manager. When I double-click this file:

All I get is this:

And that is the most I can get out of it. Next time I want to mess with drivers remind me to slap myself and say "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

hmscott
06-24-2014, 03:26 AM
I tried installing the latest .7235 from the link and I have the same results as before. After a bit of digging around in the hd audio manager I found that as you said, theclaw37, it is not supposed to be in the notification area anymore. However I do not have the speaker shortcut on my desktop nor can I find "audiowizard" in search. As far as I can tell, the drivers are functioning properly, but I cant get the audio wizard to launch when I click the button in the audio manager. When I double-click this file:
All I get is this:
And that is the most I can get out of it. Next time I want to mess with drivers remind me to slap myself and say "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

themeonster, it's been a while that this problem has been so intractable, but here is the solution to try next :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34135-Waves-MaxxAudio-gone-solved&p=312515&viewfull=1#post312515

Look everywhere for the rtkhdaud.dat file and delete it before rebooting and trying the install again.

I think it used to be in the install zip file, but got removed a long time ago, and the uninstaller also doesn't know about it and it gets left behind in the C:\Windows folder - I think it was in C:\Windows\System32\drivers, but search through the whole C:\Windows\ tree :)

themeonster
06-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I had tried searching before with no results and unfortunately today is the same. Is the search in explorer enough or is there a more powerful on out there that you recommend? When in C:\Windows\System33\drivers there are several files that are similar but not exactly the same such as RTAIODAT.DAT and RTKHD64.sys and RTWAVES40.dat. Could it be one of those? Also as I am looking at these I notice two more files (rtwavesEFX.dat and rtwavesMFX.dat) that have not been modified since I first messed with the drivers about a week ago. It seems plausible to me that something in these that is messing with the maxxaudio EQ but not with the rest of the driver. I will try deleting them in between driver installations and see what happens.

One more thing. On the most recent drivers, I seem to have this bug where the volume for a program always starts at a particular level regardless of where the slider is and when I adjust it, it jumps to where it should be. I remember this happening before but I forget exactly how I fixed it.

Anyway, thank you for the help so far.

hmscott
06-24-2014, 01:12 PM
I had tried searching before with no results and unfortunately today is the same. Is the search in explorer enough or is there a more powerful on out there that you recommend? When in C:\Windows\System33\drivers there are several files that are similar but not exactly the same such as RTAIODAT.DAT and RTKHD64.sys and RTWAVES40.dat. Could it be one of those? Also as I am looking at these I notice two more files (rtwavesEFX.dat and rtwavesMFX.dat) that have not been modified since I first messed with the drivers about a week ago. It seems plausible to me that something in these that is messing with the maxxaudio EQ but not with the rest of the driver. I will try deleting them in between driver installations and see what happens.
One more thing. On the most recent drivers, I seem to have this bug where the volume for a program always starts at a particular level regardless of where the slider is and when I adjust it, it jumps to where it should be. I remember this happening before but I forget exactly how I fixed it.
Anyway, thank you for the help so far.

themeonster, without knowing exactly what messed up, you could spend forever debugging this, likely making it worse instead of better.

Uninstalling the realtek driver, and installing the latest should be enough these days to clean up and fix the audio install - giving you all the apps / options you are supposed to have. But, in your case something isn't right in the configuration, either the uninstall isn't working completely - something has the files open - and/or the install isn't completing.

Did you look at the Windows Event Log System and Application logs right after the uninstall, and then again right after the install? Maybe you can find a conflict alert/error there.

There could also be temp files causing the problem. You could try running ccleaner before the uninstall, and before the install to start from scratch on the system temp files. You could also reboot after the ccleaner run's to be sure.

Don't let this throw you off of doing updates. With the G750 you need to be at Windows 8.1 + latest updates from the G750JM download area to be fully functional.

themeonster
06-26-2014, 03:47 AM
After a break of a few days, I am at it again. It is looking like the only way to get it back would be a clean install of windows and I am not sure that I am willing to do that right now. I have tried everything from installing and reinstalling dozens of drivers and scouring event viewer to running ccleaner in between everything and even some of the driver sweeper programs. This is pretty much hopeless.

If I were to guess (and this is only a guess) something in the uninstalling of the realtek driver is not completely getting rid of the maxxaudio portion of the software and so no matter the combination of driver versions, reinstalls and cleanup methods, it won't fix the problem. I have also tried googling the issue but the first thing that comes up is an archived version of this thread and nothing else is of much use. If I don't find a solution soon, I will probably let it be until I find more need to reinstall windows, such as perhaps upgrading the m.2 ssds that serve as drive C. Thanks again for all of your help.

Symho
07-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi to all,

I have an issue on Audio wizard, Ihave a G750JZ, and I have noticed when I press off it doesnt have effect. Do you have same problem? Thanks in advance.

FalconFX
07-26-2014, 10:47 PM
i thought that i had this problem because i couldn't see in the hidden apps (task bar), i did a quick search from the metro UI and BAAM, it poped up, its the Maxxaudio (ROG styled) window, pretty good, i didnt modify anything cause i already adore the sound coming out of it by default settings, man i love this machine day after day :D, i have a JH btw

Symho
07-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi to all,

I have an issue on Audio wizard, Ihave a G750JZ, and I have noticed when I press off it doesnt have effect. Do you have same problem? Thanks in advance.

Another problem that I have is it happened when I put vol on max (100%) and subwoofer cut off. I have tried to reinstall drivers but nothing... Have you same problems?

Symho
08-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi to all,

Solved by new driver 6.0.1.7231

FalconFX
09-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone, I had a slight problem with the sound on my JH overtime, so i did a reinstall of sound driver, but when i rebooted there is no control panel nor the Maxxaudio ROG panel, What the heck ???, i installed 6.0.1.7304

KoolASUS
09-18-2014, 08:00 PM
works good with an older driver

FalconFX
09-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah, i installed 6.0.1.7231 and it works fine :)

KoolASUS
09-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I have 7095. no problem at all , and it was the 1st driver where the "click" sound, that happened the first time the computer uses the sound card after a boot, was fixed. so I never tried to upgrade.

still on Win 8.0, btw

FalconFX
09-18-2014, 09:04 PM
i was using 7023, and im on win8.0 too :D

hmscott
09-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Spybot !!

I forgot Spybot interferes with installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and found that when I installed .7335 I didn't have ROG Audio Wizard any longer.

Uninstalling Spybot solved the problem.

I installed .7335 and the ROG Audio Wizard Maxx Audio returned.

I then installed Spybot and updated it and applied the immunizations, and Realtek HD ROG Audio Wizard is still working.

Dr4g0n36
10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Here's my experience with all Realtek ASUS Package (where's MaxxDialog gone??):
.7335 Package:
.7304 Package:
.7231 Package:
...and finally .7156 Package:
any idea? all package after .7156 are without MaxxDialog.

doerrrr@gmail.com
11-20-2014, 05:30 PM
yep bro..same here..mine is gone too just now..

l2apsux
01-20-2015, 05:48 PM
i dont see how this was solved? anyone wanna give a hand, maxxaudio ROG skin? there also should be a download for this. the support is just terible and if this is supposed to fill in for a support team and rma system, theres a problem, IM SO BUYING BY XPS BACK. and i WILL rub it in.

FIREWORKKS
02-28-2015, 11:33 AM
still cant fix :(
Tried installing more than 10 drivers, when i press launch nothing happens, OR maxx audio appears but it is white screen / frozen.
I also installed from eSupport, or something like that, and it gave me old maxx audio with no rog skin :(

mlinsemier
02-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Still having the same issue as everyone here... I'm curious though if people are actually having issues with the settings being gone or it working at all. In the latest drivers from ASUS, my MaxxAudio is completely gone and will not launch.

hmscott
02-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Guys, which model G750/G751 model do you have? Which version of Realtek software are you installing? Where did you download it from?

.7432 is recommended for G751's for the imbalanced correction, but it also works on my G750JH, and is what I am running right now:

Before .7432, I recommended .7335 for G750's

Newer versions may have issues, but we don't know unless you list the version you are trying - then we can try it and see if there is a problem.

I wouldn't install really old drivers, certainly not the one from C:\Support - it's may be for Windows 8 - many G750's shipped with Windows 8 :)

Always install the current Realtek driver - and reboot! - before installing the new driver. Newer installers will do it for you, but it's best to make sure it is done by doing it yourself before using the new installer.

Also, some installers make shortcuts on the desktop, look for HD Manager and AudioWizard.

Also check for the location where these things are installed and see if you can run manually:

best g750 win 8.1 audio driver?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58354-best-g750-win-8-1-audio-driver&p=480100&viewfull=1#post480100

The problem listed at the beginning of this sticky thread was fixed long ago, and doesn't appear in newer Realtek drivers - but occasionally a Realtek driver will ship thin and won't have AudioWizard, look at the sizes of the listed available Realtek drivers and only download the larger versions.

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek 7432- current confirmed to work on G750 - there are many newer versions now.

Update: .7459, the latest available at the Asus Notebook Audio support site, works on my G750JH.

Asus Support For Notebook Audio

xbitbogdi
04-04-2015, 11:09 AM
for those who still have problems,for ex. blank window when start maxx audio from C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio\MaxxAudioControl64 ,or "AudioWizard" disappears from desktop, or when open Maxx Audio you have this "Maxx audio process internat speakers only" ,do this:
1.Uninstall current Realtek audio driver ( and then delete even the folders from C:\Program Files\Realtek and C:\Program Files\Wave)
2.in C:\Windows... you have a hiden rtkhdaud.dat file.Search it and delete it
3.Restart (at this point my "AudioWizard" appeard ,but if it still not appears for you go forward with steps)
4.Install the latest drive from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111 , it's @x70xchallengerx's link
5.Restart

This do the trick for me ,so it may do it for you too.

hmscott
04-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Update: .7459, the latest available at the Asus Notebook Audio support site, works on my G750JH.

Asus Support For Notebook Audio

pranay.pratyush
04-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Hey,
I did everything as told but I m still getting a blank window for Maxx audio control.
I have tried all versions mentioned in this thread but none of them help.
Also none of the installations brought the "Audio Wizard" icon on the desktop.

What should I do ?

hmscott
04-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Hey,
I did everything as told but I m still getting a blank window for Maxx audio control.
I have tried all versions mentioned in this thread but none of them help.
Also none of the installations brought the "Audio Wizard" icon on the desktop.
What should I do ?

Use the Windows search to find RealTek HD Audio Manager, I usually type in HD, and click on the link. When you get that up, click on the AudioWizard tab, and click on the Launch Button, from there you can make your settings. :)

You can do a search for AudioWizard and start it up directly.

If the AudioWizard tab and app isn't found, you can also go to the install folder here, and run the installer directly if it didn't complete during the initial driver install:

The newest Realtek driver is .7459, and uninstalling the old Realtek driver, rebooting (important!!!), and then installing the new .7429 driver, and rebooting, should put everything in place.

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek 7459- current confirmed to work on G751/G750:

This thread is old, and the early part of it refers to deleting a file in the config folder of Windows, but that is no longer necessary, and those links don't work as it was confusing to people, just installing the latest Realtek driver will fix that issue and get it all to work.

Make sure to uninstall the old Realtek driver, REBOOT, and then install the new Realtek driver - never install over, always uninstall a driver first.

Please let us know how it works out for you :)

Unlucky
04-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Thanks hmscott afain for everything. I tried all that,even with the older drivers. I even cleared my registry and manually deleted the realtek folder after uninstalation,and reboot. Then installed the new one. Now i cant even find realtek control panel in windows 8.1 search, waves maxx audio doesnt work,its just white or hardware not supported. I had an old old driver before where i had even the rog skin maxx audio,but now i updated and i dont have It anymore,and i cant remember the version :(

hmscott
04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Thanks hmscott afain for everything. I tried all that,even with the older drivers. I even cleared my registry and manually deleted the realtek folder after uninstalation,and reboot. Then installed the new one. Now i cant even find realtek control panel in windows 8.1 search, waves maxx audio doesnt work,its just white or hardware not supported. I had an old old driver before where i had even the rog skin maxx audio,but now i updated and i dont have It anymore,and i cant remember the version :(

Unlucky, there have been reports long ago describing when the install gets corrupted, and the new installers can't make it right, the only way to fix that has been an F9 reset back to the out of the box configuration.

I don't know of a way to clean it up without a reinstall, the number of changes / registry edits would be daunting.

The F9 reset will delete existing partitions, so be sure to backup all your stuff before doing the F9 reset.

Do all of the Windows 8 updates (if you have a JW/JX/JH), then upgrade to Windows 8.1, and then do all of the Windows 8.1 updates and install the latest Windows 8.1 drivers along with the latest Realtek driver from Asus, 7459 as of this post.

Please let us know how it works out :)

Unlucky
04-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Everything good now :) And one more thing,i thought a sound is bad and crackling noise on a little bigger bass, then i realized It were the touchpad buttons vibrating,i put a little paper or something on them and its sounds great agan,nice celan sound .

hmscott
04-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Everything good now :) And one more thing,i thought a sound is bad and crackling noise on a little bigger bass, then i realized It were the touchpad buttons vibrating,i put a little paper or something on them and its sounds great agan,nice celan sound .

Unlucky, nice to hear, what fixed AudioWizard for you?

Unlucky
04-20-2015, 09:16 PM
I reinstalled my windwos partition, put windows 8.1 again on it,just installed the latest driver and all is fine :)

Asus_Man
05-26-2015, 05:20 PM
did anyone manage to test the latest driver available Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017496 from 2015.05.26. at this point i'm too afraid to uninstall my driver after having massive headaches trying to get waves audio back.

DRiVER_helsinki
06-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Even after all the hassle and million drivers and driver cleanings and re-drivers and doing what people say but no worky.., I found out that old restore point brought the waves Maxxaudio back fully working. This on G751 win8 and older Win7 laptop Asus N76VM . ( then i made backup of registry and all realtek folders and evrything O.O )

EliMi
06-24-2015, 10:33 AM
The link to the thread is broken, I still have this issue.. I've installed latest driver (.7520) and it did not install the AudioMaxx or at least it did, because if I try to force install it I get modify/repair/uninstall but the UI is not shown anywhere and i cannot find exe relevant to it.
Needless to say, modify / repair did not help.

sasan2048
07-04-2015, 06:30 AM
hi guy
my asus maxxafter very combat!is back but i havent control key under panel of wave maxx that choose sound source music and....what problems that?

Maxim2000
07-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi,
Since I have updated the drivers, I have no more MaxxAudio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but I still have no MaxxAudio. What should I do? I have a Asus G551JK.

yeong555
07-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Open control panel > (your audio manager, mine is Realtek HD audio manager) > Speakers > audiowizard > Launch
This will automatically fix the Maxx Audio problem

Dr4g0n36
07-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Today with the Windows 10 update all panel from Maxxaudio (ROG Panel) were uninstalled automatically during refresh. Trying to reinstall "old" Realtek package with Maxxaudio insert result in bad, bad sound and no panel at all. I'll hope ASUS or Microsoft fix it ASAP.

Model: G750Jx

Drivers tested: all from G75/G750/G751 page

chassy809
07-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Today with the Windows 10 update all panel from Maxxaudio (ROG Panel) were uninstalled automatically during refresh. Trying to reinstall "old" Realtek package with Maxxaudio insert result in bad, bad sound and no panel at all. I'll hope ASUS or Microsoft fix it ASAP.

Model: G750Jx

Drivers tested: all from G75/G750/G751 page

same here... no HD Audio manager/ audiowizzard, no maxxaudio...
model G750Jw
tested all audio drivers for g750 from support site

mike4war
07-30-2015, 03:45 PM
There is a link that you know to download this app? When uograde to windows 10 i los the maxx audio, and now mi g751 audio sucks.. thank you!

psychonaut
08-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Same here, no MaxxAudio after Windows 10 upgrade. n551jk. :( :( :(

aframo
08-01-2015, 09:15 PM
same here, no maxxaudio after W10 update, G750JM

lonelymagician93
08-05-2015, 01:06 PM
same here, after updating windows 10 my maxxaudio is blank, no button to config, N550JV

SiTWulf
08-06-2015, 10:56 PM
WARNING!!!... using a Windows 8.1 Drivers will downgrade your audio to DirectX11... more problems...

Windows 8.1 Driver:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/SiTWulf/Windows%2081_zpsp6ujnf97.png

Windows 10 Driver:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/SiTWulf/Windows%2010_zps03t7xwpj.png

HHover
08-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Having a Sound driver that uses an old directX version is not a problem, as if you get your sound features back.
I got my Asus G56JR sound features back on windows 10 with this driver version.
Downloaded From Asus Support the ROG G750JH sound driver from windows 8.1 worked on my G56JR
version :V6.0.1.7095

Give it a try had worked with other Asus laptops.

aframo
08-07-2015, 03:49 PM
I tried several old drivers, also contacted asus and they sent me a package for w10 drivers... but wasent able to install them in some strange way.

Anyway, I uninstalled realtek drivers, also went through all folders and removed all REALTEK ones i could find, empty recycle bin.
Restarted system
Installed Win81_61_ver6017469

Now it works as before with maxxaudio and the asus logo :)

http://i.imgur.com/h2tNFOc.jpg

SiTWulf
08-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Ok, i get it too!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/SiTWulf/ebdf39cfabfa8d27d4d597131a5c4a8d_zpsb8jtxejq.png
Is really easy to get it...
Check this post: Here! (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73951-FIX-Windows-10-and-Asus-Realtek-MaxxAudio-How-to-Get-it!)

chassy809
08-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Ok, i get it too!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/SiTWulf/ebdf39cfabfa8d27d4d597131a5c4a8d_zpsb8jtxejq.png
Is really easy to get it...
Check this post: Here! (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73951-FIX-Windows-10-and-Asus-Realtek-MaxxAudio-How-to-Get-it!)

try it but no luck... im using g750jw and the sound is really bad, i dont know what to do...

suwidah
08-22-2015, 11:37 AM
guys its so simple after weeks of searching .. all u have to do just install this version http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip
and if its not working and probably not .. install driver booster :D :D :D fixed maxxaudio for me with dx12

Gps3dx
08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
guys its so simple after weeks of searching .. all u have to do just install this version http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip
and if its not working and probably not .. install driver booster :D :D :D fixed maxxaudio for me with dx12
Can you please elaborate how you got MaxxAudio to work on win 10 ?
what is "driver booster" - its too generic meaning... can you add links and specify the app version you used ?
can you please write a guide if its more then simply installation of "Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip" ?

EDIT - I SOLVED IT !
Thanks for the hints scatared around the forum I managed to get maxxaudio working on Win 10 x64.
Guide writen HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73990-Offical-Audio-Drivers-for-W10&p=530781&viewfull=1#post530781)

vietlongdo.arc
08-29-2015, 04:15 PM
thank for thread :D

Dcite
09-04-2015, 02:15 AM
So with the latest downloads we have something which looks like the MaxxAudio Wizards and a bunch of buttons..
What seems to be missing for me is the ability to use presets to factory default affect MaxxBass, Also MaxxDialog is missing entirely.
Compared to http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/maxxaudio.jpg it does not look right while running in windows 10.

Dr4g0n36
09-04-2015, 04:26 PM
MaxxDialog disappeared twenty version ago. ;)

(also, now if you push "reset" button, the standard profile become multimedia, in the last 5 version was soundscape)

CosmicPoweR
09-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Mine was simple. I use Revo Uninstaller to remove the Realtek driver, scan and restart manually. After restart I search for Realtek left over files to confirm it remove totally, then i just run the new Realtek installer and done. Everything works fine for me.

coops408
10-02-2015, 10:30 AM
for asus 1015E windows 7 32 bit , i found it very annoying searching and trying different drivers which did not install maxx audio wizard found this today heres the link https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/45/3/3/n2uFjfEkEIQokEMw/29/ the program uninstalls the old and installs the new Version 6.0.1.6782 worked for me. Sounds feels better now with more bass.
Now to try and fix my two USB ports and the right side which haven't worked since 2 years ago :eek:

sikvapor
11-04-2015, 09:09 AM
I finally figured out how to get Maxx Audio back and would like to share how I did it. I'm new to this so I apologize if I'm posting on a thread that has already been solved..
-->Anyways, first download the Realtek driver that was actually compatible with MaxxAudio [here's a link to a website where you may download this driver...( http://www.driverfilesdownload.com/download/sound_card/Audiao_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017023.zip-free-download )
--->There are two drivers presented and I'm fairly certain I downloaded the one that is supported solely by Windows 8 64 bit even though I currently run Windows 10].
----->After downloading the correct driver, go ahead and navigate to your device manager where you can right click on the Realtek Driver under "Sound, video and game controllers" and go ahead and uninstall the driver (only uninstall the Realtek driver.. Avoid messing with the NVIDIA ones).
------->After you uninstall the Realtek driver, go ahead and activate airplane mode. Airplane mode will allow you to download MaxxAudio..Im not sure why, but it made the difference for me.
--------->Once you are in airplane mode, go ahead and install the driver you downloaded by running Setup.exe and kick back and hope for the best. You will be subsequently prompted to restart your PC.
-----------> After restarting PC, go ahead and turn airplane mode off and search for the MaxxAudio program. Mine appeared back on my desktop..
~Anyways, Good luck and hope this works for everyone. In Case Anyone Is Confused, I apologize for I rarely get on this website and I lack the ability to explain all of this in a parsimonious manner.~
Here is another link you may use in case the other link does not work for some reason... https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BC31C6E114D1C884!2820&authkey=!AACko97F_y9Oy3Y&ithint=file%2czip
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BC31C6E114D1C884!2820&authkey=!AOMtp7kSSm7cyIc&ithint=file%2czip

bladrcntrl
11-17-2015, 08:20 AM
THANK YOU!!!!, i just did the recent major up date and it took what i loved away lol. Also, you did fine describing what to do :) Thanks again. :D

Martin-Rott
01-14-2016, 09:11 AM
So here is what worked for me:

Downloaded the latest driver for G751 laptops "Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017673" and installed it (had the "white screen" problem with the original Raltek-Driver for win8.1 after a clean install of win10).

Here's the link, works for window 8, 8.1 and 10:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017673.zip

MAXX-Audio is working fine, just the presets for MAXXBass and MAXXTreble are gone (only Soundscape has a MAXXTreble value).
Manually everything can be corrected and internal SUB is working fine.
Can someone please send me some pictures of the original values of WARRoom, Soundscape, Battlefield, Action and Multimedia regarding the MAXXBass and MAXXTreble values?

ThanXX!

Martin-Rott
01-22-2016, 07:52 AM
So here is what worked for me:

Downloaded the latest driver for G751 laptops "Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017673" and installed it (had the "white screen" problem with the original Raltek-Driver for win8.1 after a clean install of win10).

Here's the link, works for window 8, 8.1 and 10:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017673.zip

MAXX-Audio is working fine, just the presets for MAXXBass and MAXXTreble are gone (only Soundscape has a MAXXTreble value).
Manually everything can be corrected and internal SUB is working fine.
Can someone please send me some pictures of the original values of WARRoom, Soundscape, Battlefield, Action and Multimedia regarding the MAXXBass and MAXXTreble values?

ThanXX!

No one, really???

SiTWulf
03-23-2016, 03:04 PM
EDIT: SOLVED: (cred adamsyes)

>>>LINK<<< (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111)

Don't bother with Version V6.0.1.7016 yet however, because it increases cpu usage and is buggy.

Link Dead... you must put a direct LINK to file or all get problems with every Asus PHP Update

Thana_Toast
05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
No other fixes?

toronto699
05-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Thana_Toast u having issue getting Maxx Audio? the drivers from this Asus Tower {G11} fixed a maxx audio issue I had [Version 6.0.1.7586 ]
https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/G11CB/HelpDesk_Download/
do not install the Maxx audio Driver {AudioWizard V1.0.0.95} or u will get an error , its already included in the Realtek driver 6.0.1.7586 from the G11CB Tower , that's the audio driver I'm using on 2 asus products. { Laptop and G30AB Tower}