PDA

View Full Version : G46vw very bad performance - VERY Low FPS!!! HELP!!!

caldaz
07-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, I just got a G46vw with the gtx 660m and im getting very bad performance in all games!

Im getting 10-15 fps on Skyrim even with Low settings
15-20 fps on battlefield 3 on low settings too
and even 26, 27 fps on counter strike GO

Im sure the games are using the dedicated GPU since I checked with the Nvidia inspector and with the optimus viewers!
Im plugged in and with high performance too!

Also, the gpu is getting to 90+ degrees of temperature easily!

Ive tried with many drivers, and even switched between windows 8 and 7!!!
Im also getting a very poor scores ate 3d mark 11: X250 (extreme)

Do any of you guys have the same problem or know the solution to this????

!!! HELP!

Djask
07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Is your computer plugged in? The performance drops significantly as the GPU can't draw all the power it needs.

caldaz
07-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Yes im plugged in!!!

Clintlgm
07-01-2013, 09:43 PM
What happens when you run Furmark (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html)? It sounds like you maybe having a GPU problem. Like Throttling is happening because your GPU is getting to hot. Maybe needing a re pasting? Run the sensors in Furmark it will ask you about running a file, run it. It will read your fan speeds. Post a pic of Furmark and sensors after a 15 minute run at 1080 full screen.

chrsplmr
07-02-2013, 12:17 AM
g46' don't have 1080. [if i read the specs correctly]

is there return/exchange time left from best buy ???

DirkHardeck
07-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Sounds like you checked pretty much everything. You might have a bad gpu. RMA or return that sucka!

As an aside, my brand new G46 was getting a max of 76 deg or so on the gpu during benchmarking/extreme gaming. A couple days later (and maybe 3 TOTAL hours of use) it starting hitting almost 90 deg during gaming. I went back to those benchmarks and games I first tested out, and they were also getting much hotter. Ambient temperature hadn't changed much. I would chalk the temperature thing to a poor TIM application process. It is within tolerances and all, but there is the concern of the breakdown that the heat could cause to the other components over time.

caldaz
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
What happens when you run Furmark (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html)? It sounds like you maybe having a GPU problem. Like Throttling is happening because your GPU is getting to hot. Maybe needing a re pasting? Run the sensors in Furmark it will ask you about running a file, run it. It will read your fan speeds. Post a pic of Furmark and sensors after a 15 minute run at 1080 full screen.

As chrsplmr said i can't run on 1080, so here is the benchmark for 768 http://puu.sh/3tqNF.png , the ROG forum won't let me post the pic I don't know why

What do you guys think? deffective GPU?

I really don't want to go in the trouble of returning it!

Clintlgm
07-02-2013, 08:35 PM
yes but from this we can see your GPU Temp was up to 97 C the onscreen data while Furmark was running probably also told you your GPU was throttling? Looks to me as though you need a repasting Return to Seller if possible, if not RMA or take to an Authorized repair station.

Djask
07-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow 97 degrees is quite high, and that score doesn't seem right. Mine only goes up to 70 degrees max. Just to confirm, have you recently overclocked it very high? If not, I think you should go RMA it.

chrsplmr
07-03-2013, 12:05 AM
If there is time left I would exchange it @ BestBuy before it runs out. imho.

If not RMA maybe your only option ( without voiding warranty - not sure how the
'authorized' repair thing works ) .. but a re-paste sounds like the solution to me .. also imho.c.

caldaz
07-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Okay guys! thanks for the fast resplies!!

I will try to return it! :(

And no, I didn't overclocked it or anything!

*sigh*