PDA

View Full Version : Is global warranty means that I will get support in local area ?

javidang
07-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi. I want to buy G750VX model from eBay, as I have no opinion to get it. And seller says it have 1 year global warranty. And is this mean I will be supported with service of official dealers in local ? P.S. I live in Azerbaijan. I asked this, because in the past my friend bought G74 notebook from Korea and it had warranty ( I don't know, is this local warranty or global ) . But 1st time he wanted go to service for one problem, service said, that when you bought notebook in Korea its warranty information must be changed, as it will be in Azerbaijan area. Because of this my friend couldn't use warranty advantage. Service said, ASUS didn't send parts that need to be changed. And now, I have not sure what to do

Praz
07-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Warranties are different depending on location. For the North America market products must be purchased from an authorized ASUS product reseller. eBay is not normally considered to be an authorized reseller. You need to get clarification on this for your location.

Zygomorphic
07-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Global warranty does not mean local service. It will have to be sent to and authorized ASUS repair center, which may not be located in your country.

Monsta
07-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi. I want to buy G750VX model from eBay, as I have no opinion to get it. And seller says it have 1 year global warranty. And is this mean I will be supported with service of official dealers in local ? P.S. I live in Azerbaijan. I asked this, because in the past my friend bought G74 notebook from Korea and it had warranty ( I don't know, is this local warranty or global ) . But 1st time he wanted go to service for one problem, service said, that when you bought notebook in Korea its warranty information must be changed, as it will be in Azerbaijan area. Because of this my friend couldn't use warranty advantage. Service said, ASUS didn't send parts that need to be changed. And now, I have not sure what to do

I live in Cambodia. My G750 is due to arrive today, and from the research I've done, there is no sort of local warranty or anything like that. If it breaks, I'll have to pay to send it back and then work out a solution with the vendor after that. For this reason, I'm really hoping that it will just work straight out of the box with no issues.