PDA

View Full Version : G46VW Power Cord Connection

totalhamman
07-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Looking for some suggestions / help on an issue I have been having more and more frequently. I have a G46VW that I got late December 2012, and starting in mid-spring, sometimes I would have issues getting it to charge. This is becoming more and more frequent and sometimes takes a couple minutes of fiddling with the cord to finally get it to charge.

Is this a known defect with the line or do I have a potential bad cord or connection in the laptop?

Any help / ideas appreciated.

Pitcher@asus
07-04-2013, 02:43 AM
i think your charger damage at cable and adapter connection.

totalhamman
07-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Ok, when i fiddle with the cord, I am fiddling with the end that goes into the laptop. Hence why I was concerned about it being the female port on the laptop. I have a couple questions that I would like an answer to before I try a replacement Power Brick.

How much would it cost to have a replacement cord / power brick sent?
If that isn't the issue and it is indeed the laptop, is there a way to have the cord returned?
Should I have the laptop serviced before buying a new cord?

SHADO
07-04-2013, 05:52 AM
When you fiddle with the cord, use one hand to hold the plug end that goes into the laptop in firmly and as stationary as possible. Then fiddle with moving the cord area right past that plug. Move it around to see if it randomly stops charging the laptop. If it does, then it is likely that the wires inside the cord near the plug are breaking, creating intermittent contact. With a little luck, if you are handy, you could strip the cover off the offending section of cord and splice the wires to bypass the bad area. If moving the cord back and forth while holding the plug end stationary produces no ill effects (not charging), then it may very well be the port on the laptop itself. Pray that it is the cord. Probably easier and cheaper to fix.