PDA

View Full Version : [G46VW] HDMI loses signal when touched

Kozbi
07-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi!

I have a problem with my Asus G46VW. When I connect it to a TV or another device over HDMI everything works fine... unless I touch HDMI cable. The TV loses signal, shows black screen, but after a while a picture comes back. It happens with every device connected over HDMI. I've also checked 2 more HDMI cables, so I'm sure that G46VW is a problem. Tried to reinstall drivers, chop off a piece of plastic from HDMI plug to make sure it's plugged properly (a connector in G46VW is deeper compared to another devices).

I have to also mention that the HDMI connector in Asus is not still like for e.g. USB. I can move it up slightly. I don't know if it is normal.

Maybe someone had similar problem or know how to fix it?

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tounge.

Gumwars
07-04-2013, 05:54 PM
The socket might be coming loose from the mobo. That's what you've described. Has it ever been bumped when you had the HDMI plugged in? Like banged on port while plugged in?

Kozbi
07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I used the HDMI socket maybe two times. I don't recall, something happend to it. When I opened the notebook, I noticed that this socket has two little "hooks" that are attached to mobo. They also move slightly. What can I do with this? Can I use warranty for this issue?

Gumwars
07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Absolutely. RMA it.

Kozbi
07-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks. Do you know if I still have a warranty after a HDD replacement in G46VW?

Gumwars
07-05-2013, 12:42 AM
If the G46 is laid out like the G75, I believe your warranty is intact.

Pitcher@asus
07-05-2013, 01:58 AM
you can send to service center to check.

Kozbi
07-05-2013, 09:27 AM
From what I can see the G75 has a different build. To replace HDD in the G46VW I had to unmount a keyboard. Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Ut1FGFj0s but I didn't have to unmount a screen.

On Asus site I can't find if I am allowed to replace HDD in the G46VW.