PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of buying a g73jh.

steven dunn
08-13-2011, 12:48 AM
What are the problem with g73jh.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230021

coolbreeze27603
08-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Steven,

I have been using my G73JH for almost a year now and have experienced no problems with it. This forum has been exceptionally helpful in offering some great advice on how to avoid various anomalies that might occur. My only very small nit concerned the backlit keyboard anomaly which was quickly solved by perusing this and one other forum.

I have made two alterations to my laptop. The first was adding a Seagate Momentus XT hard drive to the second drive bay and installing an additional OS to the Momentus XT and creating a dual boot system. The second was replacing the stock WiFi card with an Intel Centrino card. Both of these changes were the result of, again, reading the G73 forums. In summation, finally, I have been and am happy with my decision to purchase the Asus almost a year ago. I believe you will be too.

Regards,
Alan....

Josea
08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
WARNING Steve I would avoid that model at that price. It is the "best buy'version - less RAM , slow hard drive, not full HD screen, no mouse, no backpack. ALso potential issues for all models in the G73 series - irratic touch pads, missed keystrokes, a need to up date Vbios to use the latest video drivers, overheating if it has not been cleaned out properly. The G73jh has 8 gig ram 2 500 GIG hard drives @7200 RPM, full HD , decent mouse and backpack. I think you should be able to find that model at that price. Note all the issues I point out can normally be solved witih software and firmware updates.

Naits
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
why not buy the g53sx instead? It's new, and it has way better spec's than the one you linked

steven dunn
08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
I like to get a 17. I find a g73sw.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230111
Is that a better model to get

INzider
08-14-2011, 06:58 AM
If you bough it fixed... this could maby be worth. If not, avoid it.
I have mine and it took me more then 2 months to get the good config because it was freeezing all the time.
Seems Asus, the compagny that made it, can't do it by their own.

Now it's working fine, freezing only once in a while..... still, but I'm afraid to update anything.

Your choice.