PDA

View Full Version : G75VW with Dell 2711 & nVidia drivers 3D problems

spanishflyer
07-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Dear friends,

First of all, I would like to know which are the latest drivers for my nVidia GTX 670M, because nVidia keeps asking me to update my drivers and eventually I agreed and since then the nVidia pannel does not work; I would like to know how to proceed, if I should first erase (uninstall all nVidia drivers) and then install the ones you suggest or if there is no need to unistall... I am afraid that if I don't remove the actually installed drivers there might be some incompatibility and might even get a warning stating that I am installing older software....

The other issue I don't know how to solve is the fact that I barely use the laptop screen since I have a huge Dell screen that gives over 2250 x 1440 resolution, but is not 3D. The problem comes when I play a 3D game, that I get the 3D effect on the screen, making it impossible for me to play. I have tried pressing the key close to the START up button on the laptop (the one with the ROG symbol), and as I open the laptop, the resolution returns to the laptop default; but pressing the mentioned button I do disconnect the 3D effect. Problem is, the moment I close the laptop, the monitor screen returns to the higher resolution, but... the 3D is back.

I guess that n 1 I should get the right firmware and 2 solve my dilemma on how to play on my Dell screen at full resolution and NO 3D effect.

Before I forget, my G75VW is -3D.... (G75VW-DS73-3D)

Thanks,

Spanish Flyer

Sadler13
07-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey there,

320.49 is the current one I am using for the 670m.
If you read my reply post here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29215-Asus-G75VW-BBK5-Freezing-Problems&country=&status=
I explained how to fix that driver issue.
As far as the 3D issue I would try fresh driver downloads first.

spanishflyer
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks Sadler13; yes, I fully agree with you, will start by installing the 320.49 you mention and start from there.

Spanish Flyer

spanishflyer
07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
I tried the drivers you mentioned and gave me an error NVIDIA INSTALLER CANNOT CONTINUE... "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". FInally since I had removed ALL the NVIDIA drivers from the hard drive, it was actually Windows update that found the hardware and downloaded the drivers for my GeForce GTX670M 9.18.13.1144; I guess it just installed the basic drivers, so I have to make sure I have everything I need. I have however been able to configure the screen resolution for my monitor to 2560 x 1440. I now have to try the 3D problem and see if I manage to play Resident Evil latest....

Gumwars
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Something to point out, you need to do a full purge of the old driver installation. The standard uninstall typically leaves the old registry keys, shortcuts and other flotsam still in the system. There's a few utilities out there that will provide a deeper scan and removal of these leftovers, which in my experience is the only way to get a new installation to stick. Phyxion makes a tool called "Driver Sweeper" which is pretty good.