PDA

View Full Version : G73Jh Wipe & Reinstall

Mereinid
07-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Salutations one all.

I am going to bite the bullet this coming weekend and reformat my baby boy here. I need to know if the drivers that are listed in the *red* at the top of this G73jh forums cover everything that I will need to handle the situation. I am going to keep the status quo of Windows 7 x64. However I might put in the Ultimate version. Also, when I do a reformat, the Vbios flash that I had done in 2010, will that need to be redone? I did replace the stock dvd rom that came with the G73 with a LG Blu-Ray player rom.

Anyway, other than that.

If anyone has copy and paste of a S.O.P. for doing this or have completed one on the same model and it went off without a hitch, I would appreciate any tips. This is the first time this machine has been wiped and reformatted.

Thanks for your time and luck and loot to you all.

Regards,

Mereinid
RTR!!

ColourfulDucttape
07-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm going to do the exact same thing in a few minutes, so I'll keep you updated! (:

Mereinid
07-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Copy that brother, I appreciate it. Yea, let me know of any hiccups! Good luck, hope it goes off with out a hitch.

Luck and Loot,

Mereinid

billyray520
07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Just curious, why are you doing the wipe/reinstall?

Dick Head
07-09-2013, 04:52 PM
WARNING!!!

If you like FancyStart you will lose it forever. If you install and run FancyStart IT WILL CRASH YOUR PC AND CREATE A NIGHTMARE!!!!

If you use EXPRESSGATE then you need to expand the BOOT/SYSTEM partition to at least 1 GIG during the initial setup of Windows 7 and it will work fine. (Click ADVANCED during install and set the main drive size one gig smaller than the Windows recommend default. Once you select this drive as the install location you will see Windows creates the boot partition. Now expand the boot partition to use the 1 gig remaining.)

I can give a more detailed explanation later if you have trouble....I need to go finish sanding some sheet rock.

Later.

Mereinid
07-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey Billy, to be honest there is no detrimental reason I am wiping and reinstalling. The PC is running a little slower than I like and the c drive, where I have windows installed to, is getting cramped. I want to make a better install directory than what I have going on in there. It's kind of scary in there now. I am going to shrink the C; Drive to a smaller entity than the 250GB it is now to somewhere around 50GB and then divide the remainder among the three other partitions...at least in theory that is what i want to do.

I am also going to replace the wireless card to a much more stable/powerful one...that is unless it is under my keyboard. If I had to access the wifi card that way I will not be installing it.

And, umm DH..I have no idea what you are talking about. Also wear some eye and ear protection when working with power tools and sheet rock.

Peace out buddies.

Mereinid

Dick Head
07-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Then you don't use FancyStart or ExpressGate. They came installed on your laptop originally.

Always wearing safety gear. Thanks.

Mereinid
07-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Hey DH, you are correct. I don't use either of them.

Out here,

Mereinid