PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive creepy

Dr4g0n36
07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi guys, my G750Jx (CV038H) arrived Yesterday...backtracker, SSD, HDD placed as secondary and...problem :(

every 5/10 minutes the HDD crackles heavily 2 times ...maybe the notebook came with fault HDD? or can be the poor IRST of the notebook? (intel update tool doesn't still recognize our chipset, so no update, only stock drivers...)

- Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB 7200rpm SATAIII

...so, i'm the only one that has this creepy sound on this machine or is a branched problem?

Pitcher@asus
07-10-2013, 02:08 AM
could you try put other HDD? still happen? also please refund or sent to service center to check.

Dr4g0n36
07-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Are you sure that i can send ONLY HDD instead of the entire machine? i would be very happy of this...(i've already installed SSD)

cl-Albert
07-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I believe Pitcher just wanted you to try/change a different hard drive (if available) to confirm the sound was really related to that hard drive.

1. If you installed a SSD drive, can you just remove the noisy hard drive to confirm the sound disappears and is not related to something else in the notebook?

2. If it's not too late to get a refund or exchange through your store for the notebook you may want to try this.

3. Not sure if you will be allowed to send only your hard drive. Ask your local service center if it's possible though.

Good luck!

Dr4g0n36
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm absolutely sure that is HDD and not SSD, because he make the same noise like when old chipsets turn off disk for energy saving...but the noise is very very creepy, not like the normal spin down...