PDA

View Full Version : My G73 JW-A1 is making some weird sounds

SammeyC
07-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Hello fellow ROGers I want to thank you for taking time looking at this thread.

I have been using my Asus G73 laptop for 2 years now, I'm really happy with my laptop my first ever computer I purchased, and how it has performed for the last 2 years.

But just after the Asus 2 year warranty ran out in May 2013 I have noticed a weird "static" sound coming from my left fan, the left when facing the screen, it sounds as though something is caught in the fan and when the "zzzzsssssip" sound is heard the fan on the left side would throttle up to full speed, after 20-30 minutes as if trying to remove dirt from the system, or whatever it is, it would start "pulsing" (throttling up, down, up, down and up again) and then nothing just like that as if nothing was in it at all.

It doesn't effect productivity or enjoyment of using my computer but I get quite worried about it due to the sound and because it was my first computer I purchased with my own money in March 2011 I've grown somewhat attached to it haha :o

If anyone can help I'm open to ideas on what to do or even speculation on what it could be

Kind Regards
Sam

Pitcher@asus
07-10-2013, 01:51 AM
please try to clean cooling system, if still occur, i thing you will open back coever to check what is happen, also you can bring to computer store to chech it, if your warranty is void, but i still suggest send to asus service center lol.