PDA

View Full Version : No Create Recovery DVD Utility?

tului
07-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Is there no app to create one? For over a grand(and with a system you know people are gonna stick other drives in) you really should have one. At least do the right thing and release one for us after the fact.

Pitcher@asus
07-10-2013, 05:55 AM
you can buy in asus, or download ASUS backtracker from asus support site for WIn 8 and also you can use ASUS AI recover that is comming in with laptop for win 7.

DeltaActual
07-10-2013, 07:58 AM
..... So we can use AI Recovery Utilty with WIn8? Is that what you saying, Pitcher??? And give us a link for that "you can buy in asus"

rewben
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM

hi @tului, i suggest you try follow this post first (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34305-Windows-8-backup&p=280485&viewfull=1#post280485).

as for the ASUS AI Recovery for w7, i am not really sure if it will work for machines that come with stock w8.

Tomislav
07-10-2013, 04:02 PM

hi @tului, i suggest you try follow this post first (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34305-Windows-8-backup&p=280485&viewfull=1#post280485).

as for the ASUS AI Recovery for w7, i am not really sure if it will work for machines that come with stock w8. AI won't work as rewben said. Tested and tried it. Win 8 have recovery built in, and you can use ASUS backtracker. I used it myself and it worked flawlessly.

cl-Albert
07-10-2013, 04:56 PM
you can buy in asus, or download ASUS backtracker from asus support site for WIn 8 and also you can use ASUS AI recover that is comming in with laptop for win 7.

ASUS appears to have removed all traces of AI Recovery from the ASUS download site (?), but it came bundled with pretty much all the ASUS Win7 notebooks, so if you have an ASUS Win7 notebook with the ASUS original Windows image still installed and AI Recovery, you can use it to create a back up of the recovery partition on DVDs.

Yes, you would need to use ASUS Backtracker for Win8 notebooks like the G750 models which only backs up to external USB right now.

Hope this makes it a little more clear.

tului
07-10-2013, 05:16 PM
I'll just grab a bargain basement 30gb ssd and throw the recovery partition on that

cl-Albert
07-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Make sure you have a way to connect by USB though since ASUS Backtracker only backs up through USB right now (as far as I know).

I know we are working on a newer Backtracker version that may give you more options, but don't know how soon it will be available.

DeltaActual
07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Make sure you have a way to connect by USB though since ASUS Backtracker only backs up through USB right now (as far as I know).

I know we are working on a newer Backtracker version that may give you more options, but don't know how soon it will be available.

Thanks man! You are the most helpful Asus rep here. And you SPEAK ENGLISH! How awesome is that?! Now, if you could only tell us ETA on those fixes for screen grey lines and missing MAX Audio... Thanks again.

Xbcxbc
07-10-2013, 08:04 PM

If you have a way to talk to that development team: an option to generate DVD-s would be welcome. Something that reads the system partition (and user-selected other partitions), compresses the data down and then burns them onto a set of DVD-s would be nice. Of course, theses disks should be able to restore the entire system from scratch.

I'd be willing to pay for a reliable utility like this if the price wasn't too high.

Al_Jourgensen
09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Hello ppl

where do i find asus backtracker to download and how to use to pass to a usb disc the factory confgs and recovery discs?

thank you

cl-Albert
09-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Check this link for ASUS backtracker: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS Backtracker&p=3&s=480

You'll need a 16GB or larger USB drive to save the factory image since it doesn't support DVDs.

It doesn't save anything else, so just be aware that your Windows 8 will look like the original brand new factory image after you restore it.

UnfairAwesomeness
09-14-2013, 03:03 AM
I just made a windows 8 repair disk from the recovery option in windows 8 for my laptop (don't know how much this helps)

Can I use ASUS backtracker to install windows 8 on SSD? (please link directions, preferably with video please)