PDA

View Full Version : G74sx_sound feedback and system bogging down...

D5210
07-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Hello, I have a G74sx laptop that I bought in 2011. The notebook powerhouse runs great until recently.

The system every now and then bogs down when I play music from streaming online or just playing off my HDD. This is noticed with feed back from speakers and a little bit of lag. very rare does it freeze though. This happened after I entered my windows ultimate. I have already done 2 system image reloads since then and did tets to see if the issue is still continuous, and it still is. Like I've said, I have done 2 system reloads to factory state, updated all the drivers to their most stable versions. Flashed the bios to v202. uninstalled some drivers through device manager in safe mode and reinstalled them as a regular usr. (sound, wireless, chipset, and bios.) I'm a bit stuck with this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

any related ideas accepted.

Pitcher@asus
07-10-2013, 06:05 AM
please press F9 do the restore OS, and flash bios 203( load default after finish flash), update all new drivers, utilities.

fakunchas
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello, I have a G74sx laptop that I bought in 2011. The notebook powerhouse runs great until recently.

The system every now and then bogs down when I play music from streaming online or just playing off my HDD. This is noticed with feed back from speakers and a little bit of lag. very rare does it freeze though. This happened after I entered my windows ultimate. I have already done 2 system image reloads since then and did tets to see if the issue is still continuous, and it still is. Like I've said, I have done 2 system reloads to factory state, updated all the drivers to their most stable versions. Flashed the bios to v202. uninstalled some drivers through device manager in safe mode and reinstalled them as a regular usr. (sound, wireless, chipset, and bios.) I'm a bit stuck with this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

any related ideas accepted.

I have never had any kind of lag.
I just installed windows 7 ultimate (CLEAN INSTALL), installed the drivers (chipset, gpu, wifi (this is very important!) from atheros.cz site, bt, webcam, usb3 and soundcard, (NO asus software crap except the ATK to have the keyboard lightning) and almost 2 years (october 2011) since i bought the rig, i have never had any lag issue

PS. bios 202? when i bought it, the 1st thing i did was to update the firmware to 203.

https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G74SX/#support_Download_30

D5210
07-12-2013, 12:55 AM
I went back to 202 because some of the key functions would malfunction in 203. Going back to 202 resolved this issue. I don't know if anyone else had this issue but it fixed mine for me. I sent the computer to microcenter and because I have extended warranty they are going to fix it and I don't have to pay for it. This model has been giving me issues since the first day I have bought the thing. 1st HDD went out after a month. sent it in for a new one. second one went out after 3 months (I baby this thing BTW). the speakers have an annoying vibration. turns out it is the plastic housing on the speaker vibrating against another piece of plastic.

fakunchas
07-12-2013, 09:39 AM
there is a little software in ASUS support page that reads KB filter. I think you should have that problem covered.

I understand your frustration, believe me, i had my issues in the first months of buying my g74: screen flicker (low quality PulseWidthModulation controller that must work at 67hz and not 60hz like most of the laptops), crappy touchpad (sentellic version, sent to RMA and they changed to a Synaptics one that works perfectly) and a battery that died 4 months after purchase. When the g74 came for the 3rd RMA, i made a clean install, and voilá. I did not had any more problems.

D5210
07-19-2013, 01:29 AM
please press F9 do the restore OS, and flash bios 203( load default after finish flash), update all new drivers, utilities.

I have done this and now the system won't power on.