PDA

View Full Version : g750jw wont connect to wireless n

cyrus102
07-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I just bought a G750jw from bestbuy. I have a netgear dual band router that I have set up to run a 2.4 ghz G network for my family and a 5 ghz N network for me for gaming etc. But my G750jw picks up my N networks but when I got to connect to them it fails to connect. I have the setting for the channels set to auto and the band set to 20 mhz or 40 mhz I forget. But it won't connect to the 2.4 ghz if I change it to N from G but will connect to it if it is G. But won't connect to my 5 ghz N network at all. It has a broadcom AC network adapter which should be backwards compatible if I am not mistaken.

Living Room Rocker
07-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Cyrus, there is a possibility that the G750JW does not have the "ac" version for the 5ghz wireless connection. The "N" will not necessarily get you to 5ghz, although it is stated in the spec (for wireless networking). Therefore, the wireless adapter must be AC capable. According the ASUS specs for the G750 models, the wireless adapter has integrated 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 ghz) or 802.11ac (5 ghz). Unfortunately, I have not found any information specific to each model (e.g., JH, JX or JW).

I hope someone can provide specific info on each model.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

cyrus102
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Cyrus, there is a possibility that the G750JW does not have the "ac" version for the 5ghz wireless connection. The "N" will not necessarily get you to 5ghz, although it is stated in the spec (for wireless networking). Therefore, the wireless adapter must be AC capable. According the ASUS specs for the G750 models, the wireless adapter has integrated 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 ghz) or 802.11ac (5 ghz). Unfortunately, I have not found any information specific to each model (e.g., JH, JX or JW).

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Yeah i know it might be 2.4 ghz or 5 but it doesn't work with either sadly. it works with my 2.4 ghz G network but If I make my network N only it fails to connect.

cyrus102
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

I checked device manager and the one i have is a broadcom wireless AC adapter.