PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia GPU driver request

DeltaActual
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Can new owners go here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534575/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-verde-notebook-gpu-driver-request-thread/ and leave all needed info, so Nvidia can support our custom MXM cards?

Thank you

DeltaActual
07-14-2013, 06:22 PM
can you download and install drivers form Nvidia site? I think all G750 series video cards are customs/

DeltaActual
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Asus is using their custom MXM designs, cause of the thermal and geometric constraints of the chassis. Some say it's bad cause you can not update your video card in the future. I dont care about it much, i upgrade my system annually. The only thing that i dont like about it ,is drivers. You either have to use Asus ones or laptopvideo2go onws with modded INF.

That is why i'm asking you guys to submit that form with Nvidia.

Zygomorphic
07-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Custom MXM designs aren't usually the issue, since that is an electro-mechanical choice (about like the different types of light switches [button vs flip] don't affect whether or not the lightbulb turns on). That is lower down than the drivers, since it still implements the MXM standard, it just uses a socket that isn't standard. :(

From what I understand, the issue with the nVidia drivers is that there is Optimus involved, which isn't always standardized, and so requires custom drivers.

DeltaActual
07-14-2013, 07:19 PM
I ,personaly, always use latest Nvidia OEM for the best performance. And IntelDude - good luck waiting for next Asus video drivers update! It will take a while, trust me.

roryh86
07-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Custom MXM designs aren't usually the issue, since that is an electro-mechanical choice (about like the different types of light switches [button vs flip] don't affect whether or not the lightbulb turns on). That is lower down than the drivers, since it still implements the MXM standard, it just uses a socket that isn't standard. :(

From what I understand, the issue with the nVidia drivers is that there is Optimus involved, which isn't always standardized, and so requires custom drivers.

G750 doesn't have Optimus though.

Shawnnepc
07-15-2013, 01:53 PM
G750 doesn't have Optimus though.

Which may be the reason it doesn't work currently.

If you look at all the other laptops with 7xx almost off of them use Optimus

laptopvideo2go will get you along if you can't wait for ASUS drivers.

DeltaActual
07-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Which may be the reason it doesn't work currently.

If you look at all the other laptops with 7xx almost off of them use Optimus

laptopvideo2go will get you along if you can't wait for ASUS drivers.

True. But genuine Nvidia drivers would be even better.

How hard is it to submit .... Takes only 3 minutes.

Anvirol
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I only found 311.xx drivers for G750JX GTX 770M GPU @laptopvideo2go ... Not any better than the ones posted by ASUS.

hmscott
07-16-2013, 12:50 PM
DeltaActual, posting made, but do we need to have multiple requests / posts for the same laptop model / card / PnP?

I copied a posting someone else did for the G750 GTX765m, making sure the PnP data I have is the same - it is.

Asus - Nvidia says you need to participate in the Verde program in order for Nvidia to provide native driver support (posting #1 in the thread at Nvidia):

"NVIDIA Verde driver program is an opt in program which requires permission from our notebook partners. If the notebook manufacturer chooses not to include the notebook in the NVIDIA Verde program, it will not be supported."

Asus - have you opt'ed in to the Verde program for the G750?

Can new owners go here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534575/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-verde-notebook-gpu-driver-request-thread/ and leave all needed info, so Nvidia can support our custom MXM cards?

Thank you