PDA

View Full Version : Fan speed different for CPU and GPU ?

Kirtan
07-16-2013, 01:54 AM
I just got my Asus G750 a week ago ,
its doing really good, but only thing that bugs me is why my CPU fan is faster than GPU fan?
is it always like that ?

when i play games , i plug it in charger , then after CPU fan starts to spin faster , when i check GPU fan , its slow and i cant feel the air coming out of it .

thanks
Kirtan

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Why should it matter...they are silent lol

Kirtan
07-16-2013, 02:41 AM
haha i would not mind a loud fan . but i also do some heavy graphic designing in my lappy , so i am a little worried .

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Oh, on my laptop, i don't hear the fans at all. There might be something wrong.

Pitcher@asus
07-16-2013, 06:31 AM
i think it is following thernal policy, BIOS will determine.

hmscott
07-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Kirtan, I thought the same thing, why isn't the GPU fan running? The simple answer I found, it doesn't need to :)

When running GPU benchmarks, the GPU fan does finally spin up, but depending on the benchmark the CPU fan may still put out more heat.

Watching the temps of the CPU / GPU stay low even while under load put my mind to rest. The CPU fan really can spin up if under load for a while, but temps stay low. The GPU fan spins up but stays quiet and temps stay low.

The CPU / GPU cooling is a great design / implementation. Under normal use it runs silent and cool.

See my other recent postings for tools to monitor temps and OC.

Clintlgm
07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes this sound normal, if you install Hwinfo64 (http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html), and run it monitors only you can see your temps and fan speeds. Then run your choice of benchmarks programs and see how your doing. Run Furmark (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html)to stress your GPU full screen at 1080, it should get up to around 80C and hold on a 15 minute run. This should put your mind at ease . These NB run very cool for NB's

Kirtan
07-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for replying . i will post the results when i play game for continuous 4 hours tonight :D

Kirtan
07-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Ok so i tested all temperatures with that HWINFO64 , looks like everything is working as it should , GPU temperatures stay under control .

Happy gaming to all. :)

Mods can close the topic .