PDA

View Full Version : Asus g750 JW keyboard

Neptun
07-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Hello,
I have no idea on how to make my keyboard glow/lit, i've tried everything, the keyboard option in settings is greyed out :/, and no matter what i do my keyboard wont glow except at the start when i'm turning on my laptop... do i have to download any program or anything to make my keyboard glow? thx in advance

btw i feel kinda dumb having to make a thread about this lol

Pitcher@asus
07-17-2013, 03:04 AM
is it glow before or never glow from bought to now? are those function key able to use? if yes, please try press fn +F3/F4, if no, please install ATK, if not help, i think you will sent to service center to check.

Neptun
07-17-2013, 03:06 AM
Thx a lot guys :p

Raenbo
09-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I am having this same problem. Keyboard glows right at start up but once Windows loads, the lights go out and the function keys (volume, brightness, etc) do not work, and the keyboard setting option in Windows 8 is greyed out. I think this happened after I installed my Microsoft USB external mouse. (This morning was the first time I used the laptop.)

is it glow before or never glow from bought to now? are those function key able to use? if yes, please try press fn +F3/F4, if no, please install ATK, if not help, i think you will sent to service center to check.

I am not at the laptop currently, but please explain "fn + F3/F4". Does that mean press all three buttons at the same time? Or fn plus one of the other two? If that does not work, what is "ATK" to install and where can I find it?

cl-Albert
09-18-2013, 10:08 PM
I am having this same problem. Keyboard glows right at start up but once Windows loads, the lights go out and the function keys (volume, brightness, etc) do not work, and the keyboard setting option in Windows 8 is greyed out. I think this happened after I installed my Microsoft USB external mouse. (This morning was the first time I used the laptop.)

I am not at the laptop currently, but please explain "fn + F3/F4". Does that mean press all three buttons at the same time? Or fn plus one of the other two? If that does not work, what is "ATK" to install and where can I find it?

It's a good sign for the hardware if your keyboard lights flash at power up, so hopefully it will just be an easy software fix.

Hold the 'fn' key in the bottom left corner while you tap the 'F3' key at the same time a few times to dim the keyboard light.
Hold the 'fn' key in the bottom left corner while you tap the 'F4' key at the same time a few times to brighten the keyboard light.
It's easier to say fn+f3/f4 to dim and brighten the keyboard lights instead of fn+f3 and fn+f4 or what was just mentioned above.

Try the same thing with fn+F11 to lower your audio volume which should also bring up an onscreen display to show your volume level as you change it.

If none of these things work, open up 'Programs and Features' (either right-click (not left) in the bottom left-hand corner in Win8 to open the menu and select 'Programs and Features' at the top, or open the Win8 search charm to search for 'Programs and Features' and be sure to switch over to the 'settings' search results instead of 'apps' to select it) and look alphabetically in the list for the 'ATK Package' name.

If you don't see it or want to update, check the ASUS G750Jw download site (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JW&p=3&s=521) if you have this model and look under the 'utilities' section and look for the 'ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities' version V1.0.0030.

Prostar Computer
09-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Agree with Albert; look into the ATK package first and download + install it if need be.

marksman02
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
my fn + f3/f4 isn't working but i can turn up my brightness and volume. my keys light up when i turn my computer on but i cant change the
brightness after its on. i also have ATK installed

cl-Albert
12-05-2013, 10:11 PM
my fn + f3/f4 isn't working but i can turn up my brightness and volume. my keys light up when i turn my computer on but i cant change the
brightness after its on. i also have ATK installed

Just curious if you are running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and which version of the ATK Package you see installed under Programs and Features.
Anyway, if you didn't install the ATK driver, your system would act the same way, so try either uninstalling and reinstalling the ATK driver, or installing the latest ATK driver version from the ASUS download site if you don't already have it.

Good luck!

marksman02
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I cant remember if i have 8 or 8.1 and 1.0.0028 is the version number.

cl-Albert
12-06-2013, 05:24 PM
It may not matter too much, but just wondering what caused this problem. If you want to check your system properties (right-click in the bottom left-hand corner to pull up the menu and select 'system' to see the Windows version).

Anyway, not sure if this can solve the problem, but there is a newer "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" version Version V1.0.0030 posted under the ASUS download site (http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax) (search your G750JW model) under the 'utilities' section you might want to try later.

marksman02
12-06-2013, 08:55 PM
i couldn't get the atk package to download.

marksman02
12-07-2013, 02:26 AM
thank you Albert the new atk package worked :)

Norup58
12-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Also having some problem with the back-lighting of the keyboard -although on my G750JH T4030H.

After rebooting the keyboard lights up but disappears everytime after I close the lid and open again.
With the light on or off the fn+f3/f4 doesnt work - all the other fn+ combinations do.
Had installed ATK ver 1.00.30. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing the ATK package without any luck :(
Strangely enough without the ATK package installed all the the fn+ combinations still work with the exception of fn+f3/f4?

Have bios 204 installed, which is supposed to help with the keyboard fade out.

Any help/ suggestion much appreciated.
Cheers!

carlwasrehr
12-25-2013, 09:03 AM
How could i invert my function keys on my g750jw keyboard. This way i don't need to hold the FN key in order to change the volume

ocubex
01-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Have you guys tried this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3g11KVe_d8
worked for me