PDA

View Full Version : Poor build quality

mvadu
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Okay, I got my G-750jx today. I am not sure if i am impressed with its build quality. Out of the box the bottom door is not shut properly. Its open in one side, and pushing it in is not licking the tabs. I see that the whole case except the palm rest is plastic. I was expecting little more for a $1200+ laptop. Asus produces very good zenbooks or even basic http://laptoping.com/asus-q550lf-bbi7t07-full-size-touch-laptop-with-4th-gen-core-i7.html has a nice all aluminum body.

The whole screen flexes like its a this plastic sheet, I am not sure if i am going to keep it now. Am I the only one not happy with build quality? Or am i expecting too much?

Paske
07-17-2013, 07:33 PM
From personal experience - G750 series is very well built.

There are more robust laptops outthere, but their target audience are traveling people and / or customers that work in outdoors and need maximum robust computer well over power and speed.

G750 is ment for home use, gaming with side dish of whatever you throw at its face and as such its build quality is superb.

Personally - very happy with build quality and overall quality of notebook.

Im not saying there are no better laps for a few hundred dollars more, but thats anotehr story.

TX2000
07-18-2013, 12:01 AM
i have to agree with the bottom cover. it doesn't want to fit correctly but mine seems pretty sturdy

ggBanks
07-19-2013, 01:26 PM
The previous generation ROG laptops (G55/G75) have many flaws too. My G55 has gone twice to repair, and by reading the G750 threads I have made my mind of moving away from ASUS. True story, sad story :(

jimwho16
07-20-2013, 02:20 AM
It's the foam they put on the hard drive caddy. It makes them to thick and puts to much pressure on the door. Not sure why they think the foam is needed.

Paske
07-21-2013, 05:16 AM
The previous generation ROG laptops (G55/G75) have many flaws too. My G55 has gone twice to repair, and by reading the G750 threads I have made my mind of moving away from ASUS. True story, sad story :(

Unless you buy hand made, custom build, one of a kind laptop - you will get this kind of issues from all manufacturers.

Normally you wont see satisfied customers yelling on forums - MY RIG WORKS AND I AM SATISFIED.
But when something malfunctions, we are all here kicking and screaming. Human nature.

Every now and then there is a faulty rig in any line of production in every part of the world. Sadly sometimes ( most times ) you cant RMT the unit, because they try to repair it. The idea is solid, but tiresome for customer since many times production errors can not be fixed without whole unit replacement.

I have tried Asus, Lenovo, IBM, HP, Toshiba, Acer, Fujitsu laptops over the years. From model to model build quality varies dramatically.

mvadu
07-24-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't agree. They should have a "Quality Control" department, which actually does its job. Look at the SLR cameras, if Canon does the same kind of QC on their top 1D series cameras (G series is top end laptop for Asus), Canon would be out of business. Its may be the expectations we as customers set to companies like Asus, we need to speak out what is accepted, and what is not.

Anvirol
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm also bothered by the bottom cover. It seems like the plastic clamps are about to crack under some pressure. Metal bottom cover fastened with screws would've solved this problem entirely...

The Thing
07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi there asus fellas!
Op, I feel ya. Mine came loose in a corner and had a little scratch near the F4 button, though it's not visible only if you watch closely. Also, numkey 6's height is a little bit bigger on the left side...again, it's not noticeable, only if you want to see it. At this money, don't expect high quality.... . A MSI GT70 2OC which has the same specs like G750JX is 300$ more than our laptops but you get better build quality but here, the downside of MSI is the cooling and it's touchpad. While many players don't like playing with touchpads, I find playing with this touchpad very fun. I managed to play Bioshock Infinite on hard and finished it( I usually play with my tt theron).

Symho
10-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi there asus fellas!
Op, I feel ya. Mine came loose in a corner and had a little scratch near the F4 button, though it's not visible only if you watch closely. Also, numkey 6's height is a little bit bigger on the left side...again, it's not noticeable, only if you want to see it. At this money, don't expect high quality.... . A MSI GT70 2OC which has the same specs like G750JX is 300$ more than our laptops but you get better build quality but here, the downside of MSI is the cooling and it's touchpad. While many players don't like playing with touchpads, I find playing with this touchpad very fun. I managed to play Bioshock Infinite on hard and finished it( I usually play with my tt theron).

Tomorrow it will arrive my 5th returned G notebook, so I will see if now I can use a pc ASUS or if I must return for the last/another time...

hmscott
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Tomorrow it will arrive my 5th returned G notebook, so I will see if now I can use a pc ASUS or if I must return for the last/another time...

Symho, you have an admirably high level of patience :)

I really hope Asus, or the supplier, took the time to make sure this laptop was double/triple checked before wasting your time with another return :)

Let us know how it works for you!

CosmicPoweR
10-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Same to mine. Bottom cover pop-up just because 2 of the pin broken. The cover feel so cheapy and weak...

UnfairAwesomeness
10-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Same to mine. Bottom cover pop-up just because 2 of the pin broken. The cover feel so cheapy and weak...

yes, the exact reason why I hate plastic (works fine most of the time if you use screw for supports, their 1 screw for the back shoulda at least had an extra screw at the "L" shaped bend so it wouldnt pop up)

Symho
10-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Symho, you have an admirably high level of patience :)

I really hope Asus, or the supplier, took the time to make sure this laptop was double/triple checked before wasting your time with another return :)

Let us know how it works for you!

Thx hmscott, I hope now I can use my definetly G750! So I'll go to 6th change/return! :D

Symho
10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Thx hmscott, I hope now I can use my definetly G750! So I'll go to 6th change/return! :D

After 5 return (2 G74Sx) I have this:

Symho
10-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Sorry database error. I will try post the image later...

Symho
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Sorry database error. I will try post the image later...

Here:

Well ASUS send me a new RMA!!! :D

rawpure
10-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I cant see anything wrong ><

Cykon
10-07-2013, 05:38 PM
A slight elevation of the touch pad?

Flea0
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't see the issue there...

Symho
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
So you don't see anything... Why ASUS send me a RMA ticket? Because the left key had an hardware issue.

Symho
10-07-2013, 07:39 PM
So you don't see anything... Why ASUS send me a RMA ticket? Because the left key had an hardware issue.

Another poor element, (when Creative Soun Blaster on G series?) is under ASUS's logo on the screen; there is a "flap" made with poor plastic... damn what is this? But is a laptop or a toy? :mad: Very well... maybe I will return this "toy" for to be repaid!

Myroslav
10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Jesus Sumho. Please return it lol. Please do!

Symho
10-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Jesus Sumho. Please return it lol. Please do!

Karadesil1
10-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I have only had my g750 tb-71 for about 24 hours, however the build quality is very good in my opinion. My last computer that I still have by the way, was hp dv6t quad, and the g 750 makes that computer feel like a cheaply made piece of garbage.

Karadesil1
10-08-2013, 11:26 PM
let me get this straight your complaining about a touch pad issue symho? buy a freaking external mouse and be done with it. That is nothing my Hp in the last 6 months has fried a heat sink and fan system, and is now going back in the shop for blue screens of death, freezing, and horizontal lines in the screen.

asus enthusiast
10-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Even any new Ferrari would have some minor faults like that

Symho
10-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I had received my last RMA by my seller, so I'll return my 6th G series notebook... :(

MrRuckus
10-23-2013, 11:40 PM
What is wrong in the picture? I honestly cant see a problem?

Symho
10-24-2013, 06:52 AM
What is wrong in the picture? I honestly cant see a problem?

There is a problem with sx key of touchpad, ASUS's support confirm it and now return.

jose jayant
04-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Asus makes "poor build quality" laptop. My and mine friend's asus rog gl552jx also has build quality issues. You need to accept it and move on.

Symho
04-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Asus makes "poor build quality" laptop. My and mine friend's asus rog gl552jx also has build quality issues. You need to accept it and move on.

Sorry post some image...