PDA

View Full Version : Getting HDMI to work on G75 to LCD TV

mrc00l88
07-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys,

I am trying to get my G75(3D) with Nvidia 670m to display on my 47 Vizio LCD. It seems to detect the TV as a second monitor, but I can't get anything to display. The TV just gets a blue screen, sometimes flickers black. I tried to mess with some settings under resolution, etc - couldn't get it to work. Tried a few different HDMI cables, put the resolution on the lowest - still nothing. Did anyone ever run into this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

OrdinaryGamer
07-21-2013, 07:31 PM
I have the G75VW hooked up to my 47 inch Vizio in my living room, and then my 39 inch in my "man cave", no problems at all. Make sure you've set your video to display on the second screen and that you your TV is on the same HDMI input.

My hotkeys are FN-F8 to switch to other monitors/displays. What version of Windows are you running? Windows 8/7 are pretty similar in the Display Control panel, make sure your settings are adjusted properly there as well.

http://i.imgur.com/zt2v4xD.png

Felt the need to edit because I re-read your post and realized you weren't a n00b. Other things to try are different HDMI ports on your TV. Download the latest Nvidia drivers, and maybe try turning of the 3D function? Has your laptop ever worked while connecting to an external display or is this a recurring problem?

Pitcher@asus
07-22-2013, 03:02 AM
could you try connect to other TV? is it same?

cl-Albert
07-22-2013, 06:09 PM
You may have tried this already, but don't forget to go through the TV/Video or Video Input button/settings on your TV since it should have multiple inputs that can be used.

Also make sure the HDMI cable is plugged in well on both sides.

If you don't have another TV around to try, try to make sure it works with an external monitor if you have never used the HDMI out on the notebook before.

OrdinaryGamer
07-23-2013, 12:38 AM
make sure you are using the ASUS nVIDIA Drivers not nVIDIA ones only

Why? I haven't used the Asus drivers since I unboxed. I went straight to the drivers on nvidia's site and updated. I've had no issues at all --- with gaming or regular use.

Btw, you still having issues with the TV?

Cyrax
07-23-2013, 12:09 PM
same here dude, the asus drivers are old, was straight to nvidia drivers for me aswell