PDA

View Full Version : G51vx...Battlefield 3 Help.

Rem152
07-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Well I'm having a problem playing battlefield 3 every time I begin to play the game will run smoothly and about 5 mins into it the game starts to run choppy. Mind you I run borderlands 2 and dishonored with no problems whatsoever. Could it be not having enough ram because it says I have 2.14g available out 4g. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gfv35
07-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Are your drivers up to date?. Bf3 can be pretty demanding. Have you closed programs running in the background? Have you installed the origin version of the game or a cracked version? You can always try reinstalling the game. What settings are you trying to run on? Using any ambient occlusion? Is the problem on multiplayer? Internet connection can have a big part in performance when playing online. Have you checked the computer for viruses and malware?

Rem152
07-22-2013, 12:52 AM
I have the origin version. At first i thought it was my cpu and gpu so I took things apart and applied artic silver to make sure it was not running too hot. As far as programs yeah things seem to be closed. As far as settings are concerned I'm playing on the recommended auto adjusted settings. No the problem is also arising during single player as well. I have no malware or viruses. This has me dumbfounded because I played battlefield 2 with no problems before and I remember playing the beta version of 3 multiplayer and it ran flawlessly. So this has gotten me perplexed I'm at the point I'm just going to but the new Asus G750 lolol

Gfv35
07-22-2013, 12:56 AM
I'd try a reinstall and checking if there has been any driver updates. Do you use anything like cpuid hardware monitor to check out your cpu and gpu temps?

Rem152
07-22-2013, 01:06 AM
My cpu is running at 63 and my gpu is running at 95-96 respectively and all my nvidia drivers are up to date

Gfv35
07-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Just looked at your specs, 1 gig of gddr3 vram is muuuuch different than 1 gig of gddr 5. You may be in the market for a different laptop.

Rem152
07-22-2013, 01:23 AM
This may sound like a dumb question, but could I upgrade to gddr5 ram. And why is it games like dishonored and borderlands 2 or rage even far cry 3 never had one problem playing smoothly?

Gfv35
07-22-2013, 01:30 AM
If your playing fc3 smoothly then bf3 should be no problem. Probably the best thing you can do is reinstall the game. I'm not sure what you can do to upgrade hardware on your laptop, if the card is integrated into the motherboard then im guessing your stuck. otherwise you may be able but i imagine it will put out more heat. All i really know is desktops. I'm running sli'd gtx 680 4 gig models in Nvidia surround. Laptops are just a pain but i need one for when i travel.

Rem152
07-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Well thanks for the advice I appreciate it I mean I'm surprised this laptop is still able to play these games including crysis 1 and 2 considering I bought it in 09 at bestbuy. Maybe your right its time for a new laptop, but I will try the reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Gfv35
07-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Also you can try turning the settings all the way down and seeing if it helps. Maby your computer doesnt like the AA or ambient occlusion. You can also upgrade the ram. throw a couple 4 gig sticks in there instead of 2 2gig sticks

Rem152
07-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Which ram and least expensive?