PDA

View Full Version : How do I enable 3D gaming on an external monitor with a G75 (3D Capable only)?

Perret
07-22-2013, 08:01 AM
First of all, no I don't have the built-in 3D monitor or sensor on my G75. From what I gather, that means I need to use 3DTV Play to run 3D games on an external display, right?

Now my problem is, how do I get 3DTV Play enabled? From everything I've seen and read in terms of marketing and sales material, my laptop should be all set to play 3D games on an external monitor (provided that the monitor supports 3D and I use a proper HDMI 1.4 cable). When I try enable stereoscopic 3D, I get some links to "upgrade to 3DTV Play" for an additional cost. This can't be, right? Surely the 3DTV Play software should somehow be included in the package?

cl-Albert
07-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Sorry, don't know that much about it myself, but thought you may want to check this sticky thread Confused about 3D? A Guide to G series and VG series monitor compatibility and terms (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21507-Confused-about-3D-A-Guide-to-G-series-and-VG-series-monitor-compatibility-and-terms) if you haven't already.

Hope it helps!