PDA

View Full Version : one of the corners of the case is loose [Fixed!]

Flea0
07-22-2013, 06:34 PM
EDIT: Fixed! I just saw a thread of a chinese guy who disassembled his G750 and I noticed that the plastic cover on top of the cooling system is held on by only a few screws, all of which are accessible without disassembling the notebook.
What I ended up trying was removing the little rubber cap that protects the screw on the underside of the upper left corner, unscrew it, press the corner down firmly and re-screw it back. I also slightly tightened the screws in the battery compartment. Now it's as tight as a drum. :D Perhaps a mod can change the thread title?

I just noticed this 1.5 mm gap in the left corner of the laptop. apparently the entire upper left side of the laptop isn't snug with the lower half of the case...is there a screw I can tighten somewhere without completely disassembling the laptop or do I need to call ASUS about this? :(2377123772

Symho
07-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I just noticed this 1.5 mm gap in the left corner of the laptop. apparently the entire upper left side of the laptop isn't snug with the lower half of the case...is there a screw I can tighten somewhere without completely disassembling the laptop or do I need to call ASUS about this? :(2377123772

Send on RMA this note or ask to refund it to your seller! Great quality, eh?

Ifrin
07-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Try removing this plastic cover (i believe you have to remove two screws i corners and three in battery compartment) and then set it back.
Regarding Asus "quality", I have to go thru FOUR G750 JW units (in my local BB store), until finally find decent one.
Still not perfect. touchpad is bit shifted to upper-right corner, something similar like in unit reviewed by Notebookcheck (check touchpad picture):
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G750JW-Notebook.96316.0.html
but at least no big scratches on LCD cover, or moving panel near power button.
Asus "quality" - heh...

Flea0
07-22-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't suppose there's a service manual, huh...? the included manual only covers the barebone basics of buttons and windows 8 shortcuts...

Flea0
07-24-2013, 08:10 PM
it's fixed! see first post!

Ifrin
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
I the next G series, Asus will send laptop in parts, for assembly by customers, so they can save more money on factory labor :D.

cl-Albert
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Thread title updated! :)