PDA

View Full Version : Headphone noise

Yakov
07-22-2013, 08:05 PM
After plugging in my headphones, a Realtek HD window pops up. It asks "The current connected device is:" and has checkboxes for Headphone and Speaker Out. I check Headphone, click ok, I hear noise.

hmscott
07-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Yakov, I came across this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html#post7617517

"The sound chipset powers down after a specified time of inactivity to save power. This causes the popping noise and the high-pitched tone in the headphone jack. This can be configured in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\RAVCpl64\PowerM gnt.

The settings there are as follows:
DelayTime - time in seconds of inactivity which triggers powering down the sound chipset. Default is 10.
Enabled - enables the power management. Default is 0. Set to 1 to disable and always prevent these noises.
OnlyBattery - If power management is enabled, setting this to 1 will disable power management when the laptop is plugged in. The popping noises will only be heard when the laptop is on battery power, but this helps conserve power so the battery lasts longer."

And, we have the same registry settings:

Can you please try disabling the Power Management and see if the noise goes away? I am using BT headphones so I am not seeing this yet.

The Thing
07-23-2013, 03:08 AM
Hi there!

I experieced the same thing until I uninstalled Realtek codec and now the noise isn't there. By the way, doing this allowed me to fully control my audio. Well, it worked for me you should try it out , you've got nothing to lose.

Take care chap!

Bretton
07-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I have same extraneous noise issue on G750JX-TB81. Tried to disable power management in Registry, did not make a difference. How do you uninstall the Realtec codec? Any other work arounds? Thanks.

The Thing
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
You simply go into control panel and find Realtek audio blabla. And you simply uninstall it, takes like 5 mins and a restart. That's all. Atm I don't have any audio codec and I am having a blast! Try this method, maybe it works (worked for me so..:D)

The Thing
07-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, tomorrow I will install Realtek again and take some screenshots on how to uninstall it....its simple lol. Just wait a little bit :D.

Yakov
07-24-2013, 04:30 AM
You simply go into control panel and find Realtek audio blabla. And you simply uninstall it, takes like 5 mins and a restart. That's all. Atm I don't have any audio codec and I am having a blast! Try this method, maybe it works (worked for me so..:D)

Does this disable the subwoofer?

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-25-2013, 05:35 PM
you cannot just install a Realtek codec, if u uninstall the Realtek from control panel it uninstalls the entire driver. And in the realtek control panel there is NOTHING for uninstalling a codec. The guy has no idea what he's talking about

Was just about to say that haha