PDA

View Full Version : Bios version you are using with CG8480?

Djkal
07-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Hi all i would like to know which bios version you are using with your system , because i updated mine to ver 501 and i dont remember which version it originally was purchased on with. thanks a lot (that might help me to troubleshoot my TYTan)

Chino
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
You'd get different answers. Even though it's the same CG8480 model, each unit doesn't always come with the same BIOS. It depends on when you bought it and which BIOS version was available. You can open the case and look for a sticker on the motherboard to check its shipping BIOS but that would me voiding your warranty.

Djkal
07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
voiding your warranty.

I know that is the main reason why i havent change my high octane fan yet, i ll wait a year got to live with just in case a bigger problem pop s up. i tried to look through the side panel with a flashlight i only say the motherboard model which is a P8Z77-MPro , and the bios the company use is under download on asus site under cg8480, not under the motherboard model, not the same bios, and that is the main reason that fan x pert software in the asus suite II from the download of the motherboard does not work because it cannot communicate with the bios, because it s a different bios. latest bios from cg8480 ver501 latest ver bios from motherboard 2301. the software asus suite II from the motherboard utilities wont aloud me to flash the bios from 501 to 2301 it says imcompatible rom.