PDA

View Full Version : Poor asus quality

The Thing
07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
The quality is f%$%&$%@^ stupid. The case is loose in one corner, the stickers aren't correctly put, now if I plug in my headphones there is a noise that I cannot ignore wtf. Now I see why MSI, Dell, Hp, Alienware laptops are so damn expensive, the build quality is good though Alienware's cooling system is ****ty. I don't care; I payed money on this laptop I want god damn quality!!!!!
Oh I thought Asus is from Japan but now I see they are from Taiwan. No wonder their products are so ****ty. I will probably refund the laptop if I find any other flaws... I wanna thanks Flea0 for pointing out this flaw. Damn you Asus, you ruined my day with your build quality!!!! I will never ever recommend Asus to any friend or to anyone I'll meet in the future. Why are you doing this to us? WHY? Why the other series didn't have such flaws or if they had, they were not that bad. Is it because the G750 series just launched? I don't think so.

EDIT: I'll probably order a MSI GT70 2OC with a gtx780m. 400 euros difference I think but I get quality and I am sure that in the coming future I won't have any other problems....or maybe a Sager

mr.rana
07-23-2013, 08:27 AM
YO man! I had the same issue with mine (g750j) and the hinge on the RHS was split/broken. Considering the amount of money you spend on these "toys" I took mine straight back to the local supplier and DEMANDED a replacement. Maybe you should try work things out man, ask for a replacement or something or rather and get your moneys worth. I have used Asus for some time now too, and I also was sceptical about the whole Asus gaming laptops but my other N Series laptop served me just fine. Have a look if you can get a replacement - or if worst comes worse get a refund! Thanks :D

The Thing
07-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi there! Glad to see that at least they have a great community and not ****ty tards and a-holes. I can't believe I am having these problems...just can't believe it. I thought this god damned Asus offered good quality products but no. Heh, when I will arrive home, I'll try to fix it myself and hopefully it will work though I am not so sure about this..... glad that I noticed it :D . Just spoke to my father and we'll probably return this and buy a MSI GT70 2OC -- same specs, better keyboard and quality overall . DON'T EVER BUY FROM ASUS PEOPLE!!!!!

LLothar
07-23-2013, 10:10 AM
if I plug in my headphones there is a noise that I cannot ignore wtf.

Few hours ago you posted, that by uninstalling Realtek drivers you fixed the problem, so which one is it?

The Thing
07-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah I know, I did this again and now I don't hear it anymore:)). Still sucks but I was angry...meh...minor flaws, MSI cooling sucks. I'll stick with Asus for now. And again regarding your problem, yes I installed Realtek codec again and uninstalled it and it worked again. I dunno, strange flaw but I only hear that sound when I am browsing but when I am in a game I can barely hear it.

Flea0
07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
truth is, EVERY manufacturer has its build quality issues. All of my friends' HPs are shutting down due to overheating when we try to lan paty, my friend's acer came in with a dead GPU, my sister's macbook needs a battery that costs 140$ and is reviewed at 2.5/5 stars on the apple store, my other friend's macbook has the backlit apple logo clearly shining through the screen, etc etc etc.

at this point I am convinced the best you can do is accept the little faults your laptop comes with, have them fixed through RMA and once all is working decently KEEP IT. the G750 has a lot more pros than cons anyway.

LLothar
07-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Ditto. There is no perfect manufacturer. Apple is closes I think, but a MacBook pro with the same specs as G750JX? Twice the price, at least.

The Thing
07-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi there!

Again, another flaw discovered just a few mins ago. My numpad 6 key is not in line with other keys and by this I mean that the left side of the key is higher by 0,00000001 mm than the other keys but it is visible. I just can't stand knowing that this damned laptop has so many problems...... . How to fix this issue? When I get home I'll post some pics of the flaws I've found.

LLothar
07-23-2013, 12:52 PM
This is 1/10 of the diameter of an atom...

If you have to complain about such small things it means that the laptop is nearly perfect.

The Thing
07-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Meh, like Flea0 said, there is no perfect manufacturer and I saw this with my own eyes. A friend of mine had got an Alienware (dunno what model) and the backlight wasn't working as expected.... . I'll stick with this laptop for prolly 2 years and after that I'll change it.. now I can't back down - I ordered an SSD and a memory kit 1,35V and here in Romania, such kits are very hard to find... . Oh well, time to change the way I think and judge things.
Now, regarding that numkey:D is there a way to fix it? I had this kind of problem on a tt esports challenger pro and the height of one key was bigger than the rest and I simply popped it out and put it back and the problem was fixed but I never had a chiclet keyboard in my life and don't want to risk. Can someone guide me ?:D

xeromist
07-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Thing, please keep posts on the same topic in one thread. It helps the rest of us follow along. Thanks! :)

x70xchallengerx
07-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I ran an Asus G51Jx-X5 for 3 full years, and I used that thing a LOT. Every single day, I played demanding games, and did every form of demanding multimedia platform from Photoshop to After Effects and Premiere (editing 1080p video), 3DsMax and Maya rendering etc.. the GPU easily hit 95-99 degrees Celsius all the time, as well as CPU, yet it lasted me with such heavy use for 3 years. The only malfunctions on it were that 2 of the 15 or so plastic pieces broke off of the exhaust grille. Asus has been rated as the number one LEAST malfunctioning laptop brand, Apple scoring 4th. (http://www.statisticbrain.com/laptop-malfunction-rates/)

So they sent you a machine with a loose corner hinge and a slightly raised key? Sorry but that's not really grounds to bash and shame this great computer manufacturer. Just get it replaced, they will do it as it's like that out of box.

(EDIT:) also might I mention that my g51jx didn't die, it's still running strong, I sold it to fund my G750. A lieutenant in the USAF is enjoying it xD.

The Thing
07-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Oh well, if only I could replace it so easily. This model just barely launched in Romania and I had to buy one from Germany in order to get it. I waited like 2 weeks to get it so imagine how much it will take just to get another one....maybe later, when the stores have this model and it's easier to replace it... . Oh and Moderator, sorry for spamming the forums, won't happen again.

Enjoy your gaming machines gentlemans!

xeromist
07-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh and Moderator, sorry for spamming the forums, won't happen again.

Everything is shiny! Thank you for understanding. :)

The Thing
07-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Hey moderator, can you please delete this thread if you can? I think there's no need for it. Thanks! Great community and laptop!:D

xeromist
07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
My personal policy is never to delete unless it is absolutely necessary. It means deleting things other people have written and I hate doing that. But in this thread everything seems to be mainly focused on your questions so I'll consider it. I will lock it for now and pass it off to the ASUS folks.