PDA

View Full Version : Razer Megalodon and Razer Sabbertooth not working on my G750jx

Bassel
07-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi guys ... please help me with my problem ...
i got the razer megalodon headset and a joystick called sabbertooth both from razer ... when i plug them into my laptop it says .. (( USB device not recognized ))
and then nothing happens !!
PLEASE HELP !!!!

Zygomorphic
07-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Have you tried installing any drivers that came on a CD? If no CD, check the instruction manual to see where to obtain the drivers from Razer's website. Often those special gaming devices require custom drivers in order to work properly, so don't worry about it! :)

Bassel
07-23-2013, 11:53 PM
My friend i have re installed all the drivers again ... same result ... :(

TX2000
07-23-2013, 11:56 PM
try checking their website and get the Windows 8 64 drivers. sometimes the disk that they come with doesn't have those

ogre666
08-13-2013, 06:20 AM
I would be interested in figuring this out as well. Updated the firmware on the megalodon headset to 2.12 and that was the fix for windows 8. Works on my desktop with no issues but not on my g750jx. Also my desktop is running windows 8 so shouldnt be an OS issue.

Cpl_Flash
09-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Hello guys!

I think I solved this. The issue is unfortunately with Intel's USB 3.0 interface drivers (and what is worse,this post (http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/33427.page) seems to suggest, that the problem is WAAAY deeper with usb 2.0 audio devices and Intel's implementation of USB 3.0) , I think. I disabled USB 3.0 support from BIOS (USB Settings --> xHCI = Disable), and my problems with Razer Megalodon seem to be mostly fixed now. (I have used them just now for half hour, so take this with grain of salt, but now my G750JH recognizes my headset every time I plug it in (not just the first time), and I do not get that much static any more).

I used to get HORRIBLE static before, and now I think it's almost gone.

BUT REMEMBER: IF YOU SET xHCI=DISABLE from BIOS, YOU WILL DISABLE USB 3.0. FEATURES FROM EVERY USB PORT OF YOUR LAPTOP.

I can live with that, but you maybe cannot (if you have e.g. external USB 3.0 HD etc.)

Happy Gaming with your awesome hardware, hope this helps. (I spent almost one day solving this... grrrr)