PDA

View Full Version : G73 Problems

Rball904
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone, I have a G73SW. I'm having the touchpad issue and I'm currently installing the fix from the first sticky post in the forum. I heard about some people having to take their notebook apart and fixing it that way. I bought my notebook in March so I still have a warranty on it. If this fix doesn't work should i just take it to Geeksquad and have them fix it? or what would i have to do.

Also whenever my live updater pops up and I select what items to update and start to download them. They all do not fully download for some reason. Any input on this problem?

xeromist
08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
If you want to take it to the GS I would describe the issue and see what they plan to do. If they plan to just update the software or ship it off to ASUS then you may be better off doing it yourself. Updating the software won't do anything and sending it off might take a while. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself then definitely take it to them.

Rball904
08-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Well i downloaded all the newest updates from the Asus website and installed them, but I'm still getting the liveupdate popup saying that they need to be installed. Should i just download them from the sticky that Chasity made regarding the driver and application references?

xeromist
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I believe that the live update lets you review which items it wants to update before installation. I would let it show you the list of updates that it wants and compare them to what you've installed. If you already updated everything to a newer version then I would ignore it but perhaps it has one that you missed?

Rball904
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Well i noticed that the one driver that needed updated was installed correctly and now it is all just applications that still need updated. I installed the applications a few days ago and I know it worked because for example the Smartlogon has a icon now on my desktop and works correctly. But my touchpad is acting up now so I will have to read the writeup on it again and see if I can figure something out? Any ideas? It's when im moving my finger around on the touchpad it will stop and freeze basically and just enlarge and minimize the screen.

xeromist
08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Some people have reported a physical problem with some ASUS trackpads where the tape and adhesive on the back of the pad causes static or conductivity and generates strange results. I'd start with reinstalling the ATK package but you may have to resort to more physical methods if it continues.

Rball904
08-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Got it. What is the ATK package? And is there anyone to get geeksquad or anyone else to help correct the issue by the method you suggested? Thanks so far for all the help.

xeromist
08-17-2011, 05:29 PM
If you look on the ASUS page for your laptop there is a section labeled ATK. I think it is also linked from Chastity's sticky thread.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G73SW/#download

As to having the GS remove the tape & adhesive? I doubt it but you could ask them. This isn't a prescribed solution, just something that people have discovered.

Rball904
08-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Alright, I will have to do that tomorrow if I have the time. I'll update you on what I figure out.

virat_02
08-19-2011, 01:42 AM
hii,even my laptop has the problem with touchpad,,,,,i also have a problem with my battery i.e. if i play games on battery the game slows down,,,,,but if i connect it to current then game runs normalll....i wanted to know that is every one having same problem or no...please replay

xeromist
08-19-2011, 05:47 PM
hii,even my laptop has the problem with touchpad,,,,,i also have a problem with my battery i.e. if i play games on battery the game slows down,,,,,but if i connect it to current then game runs normalll....i wanted to know that is every one having same problem or no...please replay

Yes, this is normal. The machine slows down on battery to save battery life. If it ran at full speed your battery would die very quickly.