PDA

View Full Version : Just got a G750JX, and with it, a whole suite of problems.

Aerthorn
07-26-2013, 03:20 AM
I have recently bought a G750JX and there are an unreasonable amount of problems with it directly out of the box. Upon booting the device up, I noticed a dead pixel in the middle left of the screen. And then, as if the dead pixel wasn't enough, when I displayed white on the screen, I noticed a solid black dot coming from what seems to be inside of the screen. I've tried cleaning it off, and there isn't anything to be done.

And lastly, it seems as if the Wireless Network Adaptor isn't functioning properly. I've tried different networks and only Ethernet works in establishing an internet connection.

So what should I do, is this covered in my warranty? Am I better off returning the computer to the store while I can and buying a different laptop (seeing as this was the last G750 they had)?

rewben
07-26-2013, 03:33 AM
no, don't go for warranty claim just yet. check with the store for 1-to-1 exchange (you need to wait for new stocks). alternatively, you can try ask for refund and get it from other shops, if you really like the g750jx.

what's your wifi model? you can get it from device manager > network adapters > your_wifi_adapter.

Aerthorn
07-26-2013, 03:59 AM
I ensured that the store had both a 1-1 exchange policy and also offers a refund for two weeks. The problem with the former is that I'm an American citizen that lives in Germany for professional reasons, and I prefer to buy my electronics in the US. I'm only in the US for a limited time (2 more weeks) and I'm not sure if the store will be able to get more stock in time.

I also wonder if this is something that happens to this computer frequently or I just got one from a bad batch?

In response to the network adapter, I believe they are Broadcom 802.11ac and Atheros AR8171/8175.

chrsplmr
07-26-2013, 04:04 AM
Exchange it NOW. If they do not have one in stock .. [what store? name it, please.] try to have them
ship from another store.
Sadly final QC often happens on the consumer end. This is why the retailer must agree to these exchanges.
It isn't by choice, it is part of the wholesale/supplier agreement.
Best of Luck in this .. Please. Keep us Posted.c.

rewben
07-26-2013, 04:37 AM
@Aerthorn, ah.. bad timing. maybe you should shoot them an email or give them a call stating the problems and ask if they can help you to get the stock ready for you.

if you could get the new one, please check all physical parts are ok (screens; ports; headphone jacks; wifi; keyboard; touchpad; battery charging; cpu/gpu temperatures, etc.) i personally don't really trust how qc and sampling are carried out in mass production of electronics. it's better to do these checks before it's too late.

Pitcher@asus
07-26-2013, 05:27 AM
wow, that is really bad, when you bought it in the store, did you have open box to check? i think you can do the refound and they send money back to your bank account.

LLothar
07-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Consider buying in Germany - it will be more expensive, but you get two years of warranty instead of one.

Myk SilentShadow
07-26-2013, 01:23 PM
No buddy, what you are listing i the LAN chipset not the Wireless chipset!

Tell us which Wireless Chispet you have?

On my laptop, I have the AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter.

Go to device manager, expand network adapters, then right click on your wireless network adapter, then choose properties, then go to the Driver tab, and tell me which driver version you have installed.

I am sure your problem is a user mistake you seem like a n00bie

Hey!!! don't be so damn rude, the Broadcom 802.11ac Module COULD be in his laptop, not all ship with the exact same parts you know

cristian.g
07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
i returned first laptop, but this one also has a f*****g cheap display. messed around in nvidia control panel and i found 2 "magic"resolutions : 103 and 114 Mhz - CVT reduced blank. with 103 works good, but when set brightness around 60-80% it's a little visible. i won't return it again, maybe i will upgrade to a new display later on.

let me know if it worked for you :)

edit: 114 has no flickering, but after some time i get artifacts and burnt colours. will keep testing 103 and report later.

mihaimoga
07-28-2013, 07:35 PM
i returned first laptop, but this one also has a f*****g cheap display. messed around in nvidia control panel and i found 2 "magic"resolutions : 103 and 114 Mhz - CVT reduced blank. with 103 works good, but when set brightness around 60-80% it's a little visible. i won't return it again, maybe i will upgrade to a new display later on.

let me know if it worked for you :)

edit: 114 has no flickering, but after some time i get artifacts and burnt colours. will keep testing 103 and report later.

Bought my G750jx friday 28 jul from Romania with 2 years warranty. I have the cm1720 panel. I can't get rid of the flickering on any frequency. On 100hz my dekstop wallpaper doesent flicker but other aps like autocad, archicad, photoshop flickers and dota 2 game flickers too(it gives me headaches after 10 min!!!). Im so madd because i dont have another computer to replace it if i sent this laptop back for refund and my work depends so much on it. P.S I have the horizontal 2 pixel wide lines too. I can see them on dark backgrounds. What do you advice me to do?

cristian.g
07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
didnt installed CAD programs yet. for me DOTA isn't flickering, as well as world of warplanes. for me it was very obvious on some websites with gray background. how do i find out which panel i have?

by the way my settings are 103 mhz, cvt reduced blank. didnt installed all asus drivers for video (just nvidia ones) , color tuning and power4gear.

i also bought it from romania.

EDIT: you can go and talk to the guys from asus service&warranty, maybe there is a way to replace it fast or so. or you can check for a new panel, i think i saw a nice 3D panel on a g75, or maybe a compatible glossy panel.

EDIT2: what backpack do you have? i couldnt fine one big enough. it's kind of urgent for me because next month i will go back for studying abroad and i dont want to carry it in a potatoes sack :D