PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5

Xuvial
07-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi there,
I recently decided to try GPU Tweak since it said that it would offer better compatibility with my GTX 780 DirectCU II OC card. Uptil now I've been using EVGA's PrecicionX and it has served me just fine.

I'm really impressed by GPU Tweak's interface, all the options and just how incredibly easy I can find my way around and customize the settings. I like how it recognized my card as a DirectCU II card and allows voltage up to 1.212v (higher than PrecisionX's 1.200v).

However upon saving the exact same OC settings as what I had been running perfectly stable on PrecisionX (1228mhz core, 3500 mem, 105% power, 1.2v) I noticed the voltage reading in the logs simply isn't going higher than 1.175v even though I saved it at 1.212v.
And then I started experiencing crashes because obviously those clocks can't run at stock voltage. Overall I've felt that GPU Tweak is far less stable than PrecisionX and it's not giving me the extra amount of voltage that my 780 DCII can get over a reference 780.

What to do? I've gone back to PrecisionX, but I really want to use GPU Tweak for the extra volts and awesome interface!

Thanks for the help,
Xuvial

Arne Saknussemm
09-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Honestly Xuvial I would stay with Precision X or try Afterburner. Both can give you the OSD via Riva Statistics server that GPU tweak can't and both work. Sometimes a pretty face and the promise of more simply turn out to be disappointing....

I don't believe GPUTweak offers better compatibility at all....I have Asus MB and ASUS cards...I use Precision X...

Faithh71
09-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey Xuvial, you know me for sure :P

I'm experiencing this issue as well but I found the bug and the fix for it. Reslide or slide the voltage to 1212 and don't save it to a profile number. The moment you save it, it just downvolts to 1.175V. So to keep it plain simple, slide the voltage to max and don't save it.

- Here you see I can click the save button and save it to a number & I have 1.2V: http://i.imgur.com/6KNfEjf.jpg
- Here you see I clicked and saved it to a profile & I have 1.175V: http://i.imgur.com/CgZESQu.jpg