PDA

View Full Version : automatic recovery won't boot. [solved?]

Diaz1991
07-28-2013, 05:05 AM
okay I have experience in computing but this one got me beat. I bought my asus G75 2 months ago. the best OS system microsoft ever put out (Windows 8) decided to give me a blue screen of death. I went into recovery mode and began the recovery process it blue screened again. now I can't even boot into windows log on page infact it freezes during bootup and if I choose to go into recovery mode it stays loading the automatic repair and instead of going into the recovery options it shuts down completly.

thankfully I backed up all my data so I'm good for a clean boot of windows 7 not that crappy 8 trash.
I tried booting my windows xp from a cd to delete the windows 8 partition and try to reach tge recovery partition after the error is deleted that way.but sadly before I even get to use the delete option it says the computer ran into an error and will restart.
I don't know what to do. I'm frustrated and out of ideas.

GottiBoi55
07-28-2013, 05:34 AM
This guide should help you do a fresh install of Win7 on you Win8 pre-installed G75!

Clean Windows 7 on Asus G75VX (Win8 pre-installed) (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29983-Clean-Windows-7-on-Asus-G75VX-(Win8-pre-installed))

Diaz1991
07-28-2013, 05:51 AM
it does help for my first issue I posted yesterday before this problem started. I can't boot anything at all. I didn't even get the chance to try.

GottiBoi55
07-28-2013, 06:12 AM
it does help for my first issue I posted yesterday before this problem started. I can't boot anything at all. I didn't even get the chance to try.

You should follow that guide and install win7, should have all the links you need to get a good working OS!

Diaz1991
07-28-2013, 07:31 AM
You should follow that guide and install win7, should have all the links you need to get a good working OS! I don't think I have 2 HDD unless my laptop came with 2 if that's the only way I have no clue how I will fix this.. it crashes in the windows start up even when booting from cd.

DeKiller
07-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Knowing the ASUS G series laptops, I have seen quite a few come with two hard drives in a RAID setup, it depends on what you have ordered (please correct me if I'm wrong).

But the RAID, should you have one, would be a hardware raid set up in your BIOS, you need not touch it.

But if you follow the instructions on the linked thread by GottiBoi55 above you should be able to work it out. You should be able to get to your BIOS before even getting a BSOD from Windows if you spam F2 as soon as you press your power button.

Diaz1991
07-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Knowing the ASUS G series laptops, I have seen quite a few come with two hard drives in a RAID setup, it depends on what you have ordered (please correct me if I'm wrong).

But the RAID, should you have one, would be a hardware raid set up in your BIOS, you need not touch it.

But if you follow the instructions on the linked thread by GottiBoi55 above you should be able to work it out. You should be able to get to your BIOS before even getting a BSOD from Windows if you spam F2 as soon as you press your power button.
I only have a 750hdd no ssd idk what to do my notebook.is rendered useless. I can't access recovery I can't do nothing to it. if I knew bill gates persoanlly he'd never hear the end of it. I've never hated amuthing till windows 8 came along.

cl-Albert
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
I tried booting my windows xp from a cd to delete the windows 8 partition and try to reach the recovery partition after the error is deleted that way.but sadly before I even get to use the delete option it says the computer ran into an error and will restart.
I don't know what to do. I'm frustrated and out of ideas.

Sounds like you might be having some hardware issues, so you may want to consider getting the notebook hardware checked by your local ASUS service center especially if you're still under warranty.
Check this page (http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en) if you can't find better contacts.

If you made any upgrades to your system like memory or hard drive, check those items too and make sure they're okay.

Good luck!

Clintlgm
08-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Oh come on you just don't remember Windows 95 or Windows ME, Win 8 is better than either of these crappy OS's

Diaz1991
08-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Oh come on you just don't remember Windows 95 or Windows ME, Win 8 is better than either of these crappy OS's

windows 8 is a piece of crap. xp was by far the best they did amd 7 was outstanding microsoft knows they screwed up with this one and they will put make up for it. they took oit windows 7 because vista had its issues. any way I deleted my hdd with ubuntu installed ubunto and I will be getting windows 7 soon. wiping ubunto and problem solved.