PDA

View Full Version : G75V Random Reboot [Dont think its hibernation relation]

Echoed Silence
07-28-2013, 06:38 AM
To make a long story short, this has happened to me twice so far in the past week, and these 2 instances are the only times it has happened so far.

What happens is I could be gaming, on Chrome, watching a movie, anything really and my G75 will just seem to lose power. It will immediately power back on and go to "Launch Windows Repair or Start Windows Normally". There are no BSOD/minidumps. It has 90%+ battery life during all of this, which leads me to believe there may be some sort of internal power issues going on here. It is exactly what happens when power surges occur.

Any ideas? Thank you :)

Echoed Silence
07-28-2013, 12:40 PM
A coworker of mine suggested that there may be a short in the motherboard. I'm kind of hoping this isnt the issue.

Pitcher@asus
07-29-2013, 03:23 AM
please sent to service center to check, but you will tell more detial to service center, like how to duplicate, because it is random.

Echoed Silence
07-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Well as you acknowledged, it is random, so I cannot duplicate the issue. Was just seeing if this is a known issue or if it is indeed a short on the motherboard like previously hypothesized.