PDA

View Full Version : [wanted] asus g750 unlocked bios!

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi all. I am requesting an unlocked bios so i can push the limits of my GTX 765m :)

Pitcher@asus
07-29-2013, 06:05 AM
i think it is unable to get it, asus can not recommend.

bootyroast
07-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Are you two here to bash people that don't know how to properly speak a second language or actually be of help to other people without being rude in the process ?
I bet he can speak english far better then you can speak his native language.
At least he's trying, what are you trying to accomplish apart from bashing him?

cosmicmango
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Are you two here to bash people that don't know how to properly speak a second language or actually be of help to other people without being rude in the process ?

I agree it's getting old.

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-29-2013, 03:47 PM

I am not bashing him. I just think that the least Asus could do is give us an english moderator, seeing that we payed 1300+ For their laptop.

Also i don't care if Asus doesn't support an unlocked bios. I just wondered if anyone had made one yet.

tului
07-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Would be nice. I'd even pay for an unlocked BIOS. DLC ASUS?

Praz
07-29-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm only typing this once. Be nice and show respect to everyone on the forum. Thank you.

Zygomorphic
07-30-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm only typing this once. Be nice and show respect to everyone on the forum. Thank you.
Second that. In the future, such rudeness to the ASUS staff (of whom several are not native English speakers) will be dealt with. ASUS is a company based in Taiwan, not the USA, unlike @Praz. As to unlocked BIOS, I believe that @Pitcher@ASUS is saying that ASUS cannot recommend doing it due to risks of damage (And the inevitable warranty calls by people who don't know what they are doing to their computers).

EpIcSnIpErZ23
07-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Second that. In the future, such rudeness to the ASUS staff (of whom several are not native English speakers) will be dealt with. ASUS is a company based in Taiwan, not the USA, unlike @Praz. As to unlocked BIOS, I believe that @Pitcher@ASUS is saying that ASUS cannot recommend doing it due to risks of damage (And the inevitable warranty calls by people who don't know what they are doing to their computers).

Ok, thanks. i was just wondering if there was a 3rd party bios. :D

tului
07-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Make it available after you register your serial number to download it. Then Asus can say you got it, no warranty support.

broadleaf
09-13-2014, 11:09 AM
So still no unlocked bios to destroy Optimus?

NicholasLAranda
02-26-2015, 07:29 PM
My friend has this laptop. I am currently working on Unlocking the BIOS.

You need a few programs, some of which you can find here:
http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Your Intel ME version is: 9.0.X which determines which version of some programs you need / want to use.

AMIBCP: American Megatrends Inc. BIOS Configuration Program. 4.53 is the latest version we need.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/owfsdf

FPT (NOT FTK!!! ITS THE SAME PROGRAM BUT ITS NOT CALLED FTK): Intel Flash Programming Tool. You'll need version 9.0
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mopil4aw64tmfbd/intel_me_system_tools_v9.0.rar

FPT will allow you to Dump and Flash your BIOS, you have to run the following commands in an Administrator Command Prompt window.
fpt -d BIOS-Backup.rom -BIOS <--- This dumps your BIOS so we can open it with AMIBCP.
fpt -f BIOS-backup.rom -BIOS <--- This flashes back that unlocked BIOS file after we've edited it.

In AMIBCP when you have your BIOS open, you need to change ANY thing that says Default to USER. When I say EVERYTHING, I literally mean:

[BLANK] --> change these 5 options from Default to USER
[BLANK] --> Main --> change ALL OF THE AVAILABLE options from Default to USER
[BLANK] --> Chipset --> change ALL OF THE AVAILABLE options from Default to USER
[BLANK] --> Advanced --> change ALL OF THE AVAILABLE options from Default to USER
[BLANK] --> Security --> change ALL OF THE AVAILABLE options from Default to USER
[BLANK] --> Boot --> change ALL OF THE AVAILABLE options from Default to USER

It takes a while. If you play League of Legends, put your clicking speed to use. Click on the 1st one 2 times, press U on the keyboard, click on ANOTHER option (or just in that column) one time, wait a split second, then double click and press U again.

I can do ALL of the options, literally 100% of every available option, in 10 minutes. lol

Once everything is changed to USER, save the BIOS, and flash it back with FPT.

When you flash and reboot, you don't need to clear the BIOS, I've done this process over 100 times. Just once it's shutdown, turn it on and press escape till you can select enter setup.

That's it.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR!!

My favorite things to change are ENABLE POST Sound, Speaker Volume 8 (it's still not that loud at all) and change POST Image from Static to Animated ;) You'll thank me later.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Now here is the big F-YOU from ASUS:

THEY FRICKEN LOCKED FLASHING THE BIOS THIS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T EVEN FLASH THE DESCRIPTOR REGION TO REMOVE THE LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you use FPT, EVEN IN DOS, you will get Error 208 (can't unlock write access to BIOS) or Error 25 (can't program this region [ME, DESC, etc.]

So now I'm at the point where I'm going to get into EEPROM Programming.

From the thread in my siggy, there is a user named DaveUnderscore who KNOWS how to use the EEPROM Programmer and which program on windows you can use to dump the FULL BIOS or whatever region you want and flash it back.

I'm going to ask him to post some of that infoz for us to learn.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

So far, I've learned this:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-uefipatch-uefi-patching-utility/page-2#entry1882367

And this:
http://forum.techinferno.com/asus/5050-asus-g750jw-bios-mod.html#post70726

Some one try this lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

See my post here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1493245/how-to-unlock-the-system-bios-on-an-asus-g75vx-nvidia-gtx-670mx-custom-vbios-overclock-tutorial/300_100#post_23601413

THIS APPLIES TO G750JW users, so: get the EEPROM Programmer and Clips ordered,