PDA

View Full Version : New ADP-180HB D power adapter not working??

xLemmon
07-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Last week I ordered a refurbished G75VX-BHI7N11 from Newegg and just received it today. After an hour or so of use, the power warning came on saying I needed to plug in. I go get the power adapter and plug it in, but nothing happens. The light on the adapter does not light up, nor does the charging light on the laptop itself. I looked at other forums for a fix and all I could find was to try and knock it around a little. (the adapter, not the laptop!) I've hit it with my hand, hit it on the ground, hit it with a shoe, but nothing has made it work. Has anyone else had this issue? Any known fixes?

When the adapter is plugged into the wall, there is a small buzzing that comes from it. Is that a sign that it is receiving power?

GottiBoi55
07-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Last week I ordered a refurbished G75VX-BHI7N11 from Newegg and just received it today. After an hour or so of use, the power warning came on saying I needed to plug in. I go get the power adapter and plug it in, but nothing happens. The light on the adapter does not light up, nor does the charging light on the laptop itself. I looked at other forums for a fix and all I could find was to try and knock it around a little. (the adapter, not the laptop!) I've hit it with my hand, hit it on the ground, hit it with a shoe, but nothing has made it work. Has anyone else had this issue? Any known fixes?

When the adapter is plugged into the wall, there is a small buzzing that comes from it. Is that a sign that it is receiving power?

You should not hear any sounds coming from the adapter, contact Newegg for replacement or return!