PDA

View Full Version : Occasional PC recovery when booting? (2 QUESTIONS. HELP!)

Ronteque
07-31-2013, 06:06 AM
I am using G750JX.

Occasionally, I end up in a blue screen with error message that goes something like EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD, error code 0xc000000f.. Or something like that. I have a 480GB crucial SSD drive which I use as my OS. It was freshly cloned from the 750gb HDD.

Once I come to this screen, I will always have to manually set my boot option #1 to the Crucial SSD before it will start up as normal..

Help? Not a problem but it makes me worry. Is there a way to completely avoid this blue screen recovery thing?

I also have problem with headphones. It is constantly projecting a hissing noise whenever I have something playing which is VERY annoying!

Pitcher@asus
07-31-2013, 10:50 AM
about OS recover, i think if full clone and complete, it will not occur, if occur, you can search from google, i think microsoft have KB.
about noice, could you try set audio control pannel, if still happen, you can try difference headphones.

Ronteque
07-31-2013, 11:16 AM
about OS recover, i think if full clone and complete, it will not occur, if occur, you can search from google, i think microsoft have KB.
about noice, could you try set audio control pannel, if still happen, you can try difference headphones.

The cloning was done for me when I purchased the laptop. What do you mean by Microsoft KB? I have no idea if it is full clone? What can I do to resolve this issue? I have no idea what is a Microsoft KB.

There is nothing special I can set in the control panel that will resolve this muffled hissing noise.

mvadu
07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
I had that issue too (and I ended up returning the laptop thinking its a device issue). The problem is having multiple Windows Boot manager entries in the UEFI bios. Go to Bios (hold esc key while restarting) and remove the Windows Boot Manager entry from your HDD, only keeping he SSD. That way it should even be faster to boot as well.