PDA

View Full Version : G75VW wont display anything on screen, fans start on max.

NInami
08-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Every time I start up my computer the fans start on 100% and I can't see anything. The computer itself works fine, I can log in on Windows but the screen is just black. Sometimes it works after 100 reboots, since I know the computer is still broken when my fans start on 100%.

Now it wont fix itself anymore... Anyone have any idea what it is?? A known problem perhaps?

Thanks.

Pitcher@asus
08-02-2013, 08:00 AM
how is connect with external monitor? is it able to post? if yes, i think you should check your LCD connecter FPC.

NInami
08-02-2013, 08:53 AM
No when I connect an external monitor with HDMI it doesnt work. The cable problem wouldnt explain the fans going on max anyway. I think there's a problem with my graphic card...

Zygomorphic
08-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Problem with the GFX card sounds believable. I would note, however, that the fans ramping up to a high speed at startup is normal. They immediately start ramping up to max speed until the thermal control system kicks in and slows them down. It's a function of how hot the computer is when you boot it. The fan ramp is a safety feature.

Prostar Computer
08-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Every time I start up my computer the fans start on 100% and I can't see anything.

Almost certainly a dead GPU. Since Asus does not use switchable graphics, the system defaults to outputting via the dGPU. Max fans (non-stop after POST) is a common symptom when the system cannot pick it up properly.

On the rare occasions that it does work (after the 100 reboots), do the fans remain revving at max?0

Lucibostina
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I think it could be the Cpu,Gpu or Ram memory. Try first the ram memory on other laptop with DDR3

GottiBoi55
08-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Most likely it's your GFX card that's at fault!
The defective GFX card would effect the thermal control system from responding correctly.
(the reason why the fans are acting like they are)

If your G75VW is still under the service warranty you should RMA!

Lucibostina
08-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Actualy i believe that it's the ram. Try one of you who has a good working laptop to remove all the ram memory, and you will see that the laptop will fan 100 %. Perhaps one memory or more could be broken. If all the memory are fully functional , try to test the Cpu on other laptop.

GottiBoi55
08-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Actualy i believe that it's the ram. Try one of you who has a good working laptop to remove all the ram memory, and you will see that the laptop will fan 100 %. Perhaps one memory or more could be broken. If all the memory are fully functional , try to test the Cpu on other laptop.

Don't think it's the memory!
Bad memory modules often cause the screen to change colors and look wavy or flicker. Replacing bad RAM usually fixes graphics issues like that, unless the video card is damaged as well!

@Ninami, are you hearing any 'beeps" at start up?
If so that is a sign of bad memory from the BIOS!

Clintlgm
08-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Actually you can't remove all your ram with out disassembling your notebook two slots are up under the keyboard not accessible with out voiding your warranty.