PDA

View Full Version : Laptop SSD Boot Issue

piotrtekien
08-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I have this laptop called the Akoya X7811
Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1
Intel Core i7 Q 720, 1.6 GHz (2.8 Turbo)
8 GB Ram @ 1333 MHz
Ati Mobility HD 5870 with 13.8 Beta Driver
Vertex 2 SSD (120 gb) with newest firmware

I reinstalled windows 7 with AHCI turned on in the BIOS
everything works, I managed to get the full SSD Speeds with AHCI even though they say my chipset has issues with it.
I got the newest drivers with everything, such as the chipset, audio and the rest.

Here's the problem.
Every time I connect an external hard drive it fails to recognize the ssd on boot and I have to change the hard drive recognition to IDE on boot, and then reboot again and put it on AHCI before it boots into windows, is there a fix so I don't have to set it to IDE>reboot>fast into bios again>AHCI (I also have to disconnect any usb devices when I do this, or else it happens again) does anyone know how to fix this odd problem?

It does work with my temporary fix that I found myself but it's getting annoying lately to do it every time. Any suggestions? (when I install it with IDE, I don't have this problem. but that's just waste of a lot of SSD speed (about 30% of the AHCI speeds, which I tested) so ... help?

piotrtekien
08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Also, I have superfetch off, trim enabled and paging turned off, system restore completely turned off. all the ssd tweaks they recommend.

piotrtekien
08-03-2013, 11:27 AM
so yeah some more points:
- Reinstalled windows with AHCI turned on in the bios
- installed the laptop drivers from the website
- updated the intel chipset drivers, and realtek audio from the intel/realtek website
- updated video driver to ati beta 13.8 (just recent)
- intel rapid storage utility also installed

and even when i turn my computer off and disconnect all my usb devices. sometimes it boots normally, but even then sometimes windows goes ***** mode and says no boot device found.

then I have to reboot and in the hard disk list I see nothing but the CD/DVD and no Vertex 2 SSD
then I set it to IDE>reboot and I see the Vertex 2 in the list. then I set it to AHCI and check bios, and it's still there, and then it boots.
really weird.

piotrtekien
08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Can anyone help????