PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for G750JX Laptop Cooler

drownin
08-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a Laptop Cooler for my G750JX as my GPU temp reaches about 75 while I am playing D3. This worries me as I intend to keep this laptop alive and kicking for 3-5 years if possible. Thus I would like to hear if there is any cooler that can lower the GPU temp. I heard Cooler Master is a good brand. But any models specifically? Especially G750 is a big notebook.

Thanks all.

LLothar
08-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Current CPUs and GPUs operate normally up to 95 deg C, so 75 gives you plenty of margin. My HP 8510w was running 95deg C all the time and it's still alive and kicking after 5 years.

x70xchallengerx
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah my G51Jx could easily hit 95-99 c all the time, but never had any heat related issues, never even BSOD'd because of it. I think 75 is pretty safe to not use a laptop cooler IMO.

The Thing
08-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi there op! Don't panic, as long as your cpu doesn't reach 70c, everything is cool. I reach 75c in D3 too,but I oc'd my Gtx770m. Well, my friend has an Alienware m17 (dunno further info) and he reaches 80c in D3 when the gpu is underclocked so, Asus's cooling is pretty good. Can't wait to get a Sager though....way better cooling and build quality. Cu!

Clintlgm
08-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Cooler won't work since your air input is through the upper side of your notebook and exhaust is to the back. If you don't mind voiding your warranty there are mods to the case that will help with a cooler pad.

Suspirion
08-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Cooler won't work since your air input is through the upper side of your notebook and exhaust is to the back. If you don't mind voiding your warranty there are mods to the case that will help with a cooler pad.

Correction, doesn't matter where the intake is, this laptop gets worm from the bottom, so the cool air from the cooler will dissipate heat from the ceasing thus reducing heat, also surface underneath laptop be it bed, desk or what not will not get warm if on cooler there fore not raising the ambient temperature near laptop. So it will help reduce temps (of course if the intake was from the bottom it would be more efficient, but still)... :)

Clintlgm
08-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Ok well maybe there are some differences between the G75 and G750 that I'm not aware of. My G75 does not get hot on the bottom actually I just checked it and its cool as a cucumber. This is the first notebook I've had that I could say that about. I think that's why we quit calling them laptops, and I still have my cooler from my last notebook. Just haven't needed it for this one. Less junk to carry around.

drownin
08-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Thanks all for the valuable input! This is kind of my first gaming laptop and I was getting worried at the temperature it is emitting. If I play for long hours up to 4-6hours non-stop, will the temperature increase? Or should I give it a break? And the bottom of the laptop feels warm too. Not just the vents.

GottiBoi55
08-04-2013, 04:55 AM
Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a Laptop Cooler for my G750JX as my GPU temp reaches about 75 while I am playing D3. This worries me as I intend to keep this laptop alive and kicking for 3-5 years if possible. Thus I would like to hear if there is any cooler that can lower the GPU temp. I heard Cooler Master is a good brand. But any models specifically? Especially G750 is a big notebook.

Thanks all.

You don't need a Laptop cooler, 75c is normal temps under game play load!
A cooler would have little to no effect on the G750JX.
The air intake come across and down the keyboard section not from underneath, then exits out the back vents.
Asus has the best cooling system for the 'G Series" on the market so a Laptop cooler is not necessary!

http://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/gkyI9iViQxXxueTd/g74_ov2.jpg

rye017
08-06-2013, 04:01 PM
75c is normal when you're playing, no need to worry about it. But since laptop coolers are not that expensive you can also get one just to be sure. I got a Coolermaster Notepal I300. It has 160mm silent fan. See link below:

http://www.coolermaster.com.sg/product.php?product_id=6757&category_id=16

I agree with GottiBoi55, G750 has a very good cooling system. Mine stays cool or should I say in the norms even if i play long hours.